AAM PANNA / AAM KA PANNA RECIPE / RAW MANGO JUICE
The summer sun is staring to boil. Heat and humidity are just increasing day by day with each each morning sunrise. And as the mercury goes soaring, chilled drinks is what we just need .So today i have for you all a very refreshing ,cooling and healthy drink to beat the heat ... that's the most popular summer special North Indian drink " Aam Panna / Raw Mango Juice " . Its sweet,tangy ,spicy, bursting with flavors ... in short just yumm and highly irresistible ....
Aam panna is basically a drink made from raw mangoes which is made like a squash or preserve by boiling and later flavoring it with with some Indian spices to make it more delicious and appetizing. Once the panna preserve is ready , making aam panna juice is just a whisk away . The best part is make this home made no preservative raw mango squash in 1 shot and relish it for next few months when ever you crave for it .Hey !! What are you still waiting for... Enjoy this refreshing drink this summer to your hearts content .. i am sure you will get addicted to it ... telling from experience.. hehe...
The amounts of sugar, salt and spices mentioned here are just guidelines. It depends on the sourness of mango and your preference .
AAM PANNA PRESERVE
- Wash raw mangoes and pressure cook the raw mangoes in enough water for 3-4 whistles till they become mushy .
- Peel off skin, take out just the pulp and discard the seed . Mash the pulp nicely with hand blender or in a mixer .
- Add about 1/2 cup water and sugar to the squeezed mango pulp and keep on flame . Cook on low flame and bring to a boil . Let it boil for 5-10 mins . You will see that mango pulp will thicken a bit .
- Meanwhile grind without adding water cumin powder , black salt ,pepper powder and mint leaves .Make powder .
- Once the syrup boils and thickens a bit , remove from flame.Add powdered spice powder to the mango juice and squeeze lemon juice to it . Mix well .
- Raw mango preserve is ready . Store aam panna preserve in an air tight jar or bottle and refrigerate . Stays good for months .
- For making the drink, take 2-3 tablespoons of aam panna preserve and add 3/4 cup water. Mix well .Garnish with crushed mint leaves and ice cubes. Serve immediately.
- Some raw mangoes are fibrous, after boiling if you find fibres then strain it to get the pulp alone.
- Boiling the raw mango pulp wih sugar increases the shelf life .
- You can use jaggeery instead of sugar .
- The preserve should be concentrated / strong in taste as it has to be diluted later .
- Use a clean spoon when ever you are handling the preserve.This increases the shelf life.,
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!