AKKI PENI SANDIGE / SHAVIGE SANDIGE / IDIYAPPAM VADAM
After i posted Aralu sandige , i got many requests to post few more varieties as its summer now . To add to that , during that time i was at my moms place . Just like every year , she made many varities of sandiges this year too and i took step by step pictures to share with you all . Among the requests , highest demand was for today's dish.. ie " Akki peni Ssandige / Shavige Sandige " . Its also called as " idiyappam vadam or Arisi Koozh Vadam " in Tamil i guess. Made from rice flour , this fryums tastes crispy crunchy .. yummy yummy . Its not that difficult and time consuming to prepare too.
AKKI PENI SANDIGE
- Wash rice well ,drain water , spread it on cloth and dry it on shadow .
- Keep sago also in Sun so that it becomes crisp .
- Mix rice and sago together. Super fine powder in a mixer or mill.
- If using ready store bought rice flour , skip this step .
To do peni sandige Mix ( dry hittu )
To do peni sandige dough( wet hittu )
- Take a wide pan / kadai . Heat 2 cup of water.
- Once it starts to boil, keep on sim and slowly add rice+ sago flour mix ,hing and salt . Keep stirring constantly .
- Flour will combine to form a lump and switch off the flame.
- Oil a Chakkali press and use the medium / thin sized Sev maker ( whichever thickness u pref ) .
- Fill the dough into chakli press .
- Press small shavige / idiyappam of dough on a clean plastic sheet.
- Continue the process till whole stuff is emptied . You should do this quickly when the dough is hot only . It becomes tough to press as it cools .
- Sundry them for 1-3 days till they are completely dried.Remove them and store in air tight containers . Stays good for years if handled well.
- Deep fry peni whenever you need. Makes a perfect evening snack or as an accompaniment along with bisibelebath / lemon rice / rasam rice etc .
- Water used for making this is 1 : 2 proportion ie 1cup rice = 2 cups water .
- Sago : Rice used is 1: 4 proportion ie 1/4 cup = 1 cup rice .
- If you want you can sprinkle a pinch of chat masala powder / chilli powder if serving with relish with tea. coffee .
- You can mix sago powder to store bought rice powder and do also .But it will turn bit hard .
- To make rice powder , if you don't have flour making mill near by , you can do that this way .
- Wash and soak rice for 2 hours. Grind it to make a super smooth paste . Add sago flour , salt an hing to it . Add the remaining water . Take a big kadai . Transfer the dough and keep stirring it in on medium flame till you get the desired consistency for the dough .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!