BANDH (PATTA) GOBI ALOO KI SABJI / CABBAGE SABZI - NORTH INDIAN STYLE
Isn't preparing different side dish for roti or phulka everyday a big head ache job ?? For me it is.. not always do we like fancy ,rich ..restaurant style gravies with cashew paste, coconut paste, paneer etc.Some times simple homely kind of side dish is all we crave for. Today i have one such North Indian style side dish made from cabbage ,potato and green peas." Bandh Gobhi / Patta Gobhi Aloo ki Sabji " .It is so simple ,uncomplicated .. but full of flavors. Great for a quick weeknight meal.
Cabbage Potato Sabzi is basically a North Indian style cabbage dry stir fry with some potatoes and green peas in it. It could not be a dinner party dish but certainly one of the most favorite dish after a long day at work .Its tasty and jiffy . Serve it with roti or dal rice or even stuff it in bread and relish your sandwich ...choice is yours..whichever i'm sure you'll enjoy..
CABBAGE SABZI - NORTH INDIAN STYLE
- Cut Cabbage into long strips and chop potatoes to small dice.
- Heat oil in a pan /kadai over medium heat, add cumin seeds ,tej patta and let it get splutter.
- Add chopped onion followed by garlic, ginger and green chillies to the pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Then add potatoes and green peas. Add some salt,turmeric powder and saute for 1-2 mins. Close and cook over low flame mixing well in between.
- Once the potatoes are 30 percent cooked, add cabbage. Saute for 1-2 mins ,close and cook over low flame mixing well in between.
- Once the veggies are cooked 75 percent, add coriander powder, cumin powder, aamchoor powder,red chilli powder and salt to taste. Stir the masala well. Cook for 2-3 mins uncovered, let the veggies take the masalas in and the moisture get evaporated.
- Finally add garam masala powder and coriander leaves , mix and switch off.
- Serve hot Cabbage potato peas sabzi with hot roti or with rice or as sandwic
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!