Things are getting busier day by day. After 2-3 back to back reviews finally today its a recipe post... hmm the essence of Cook with Smile . Today i have colorful chutney for you all " Beetroot Chutney ". This chutney is quick and easy to prepare and a nice change from the regular chutneys.
My kids love beetroot a lot. And i'm a happy mom to include them in their diet. If you are wondering how a chutney from beetroot would be ... i suggest you must try it. Temper it with little extra oil and give a boil ... yumm .. you can relish this chutney for few days without getting bored with hot plain rice or with anything.A perfect accompaniment to hot rice or dosas. .
- Peel beetroot and cut to big pieces.Pressure cook or microwave till the beetroot chunks are cooked .
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add urad dal ,chana dal ,hing & red chillies fry till dal turns golden. Turn off the heat, add coconut & let it cool completely.
- Transfer the fried masala, cooked beet,tamarind and salt to a mixer / blender. Grind to a smooth paste.but don't make super smooth. Taste test .
- Prepare the tempering .Heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add mustard,garlic and curry leaves. Fry it until garlic turns golden brown. Now add grounded chutney to this.Bring a boil by stirring in between .
- Serve beetroot chutney with hot rice / idli / dosa
- If you don't want garlic you can replace it with hing.
- This chutney stays well even without fridge for 2-3 days.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!