BEETROOT HALWA / BEETROOT PUDDING
Today i have for you all a wonderful, colorful and delicious dessert -- " Beetroot Halwa / Beetroot Pudding ". With the goodness of beetroot,milk and assorted nuts,this halwa is something that everyone would love.I was very happy the way, the final presentation pic came out... Have a look .... What you say ?
Drooling ?? Isn't that pink color so tempting ?? May be thats the reason my kids are such a big fan of this veggie.Make anything from beetroots .. i know they will empty it off. And i am happy that with it "n" number of health benefits that beetroot carries, is going in .
Method of making beetroot halwa is same as carrot halwa. Its quiet easy .The only tedious n boring job in making carrot / beetroot halwa is grating.But thank God !! Now we have food processor to our rescue which makes the job so easy peesy. The best part of this halwa is that it doesn't require much sugar as beetroots are already sweet..Do try out i'm sure youl love it..
- Wash,peel the skin and grate beetroot using food processor or by grater.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a thick bottom kadai / pan and saute raisins ,cashews and almonds in it,one by one.When they turn golden brown remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan add grated beetroot and saute for about 2-3 mins.
- Next add milk.Let the beetroot cook in milk uncovered ,on medium flame.Stir once in a while.Continue the process till the beetroot drinks almost all milk. This might take about 15-20 mins.
- When the mixture is almost dry ,add sugar,khova and mix well. Cook till sugar dissolves and gets mixed well with the beetroot.
- Now add ghee,cardamom powder,citric acid crystals powder and nuts.Mix well.Stir till the mixture thickens and becomes a single lump. **Refer note 1
- Switch off the flame and serve hot /at room temp or chilled .Remains fresh for about a week in refrigerator.Can heat while serving.Here's a spoon for you all .... Enjoy !!
- After cooling, the halwa will thicken a bit. So off it when its little gooey. Don't make the end result too dry else halwa will become hard.
- Addition of khova/khoya is optional. That will give a nice rich texture and taste to the halwa.
- If using thick full fat milk /condensed milk , better omit khoya .
- Some beetroots will be too sweet . So add sugar little in the beginning.
- i like to add a pinch of citric acid crystals to it. That gives a slight tanginess which i like. Its your wish to add.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!