BEETROOT PACHADI RECIPE - KERALA STYLE
Today i have for you all a healthy,refreshing,yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Beetroot .That's " Beetroot Pachadi ". This beetroot pachadi is one of the famous dish in Kerala style Onam Sadya .Try this any day and you are going to like it, it's very simple and hardly takes any time.Its a comfort food as it balances out the heat and spice from the rest of the food . Pachadi is usually curd based dish can say something like raita . And like any other raita this beetroot pachadi is very simple to make make but tastes awesome. Do give a try and let me know your feedback.. here you go...
For the grinding
For the seasoning
- Grate beetroot and keep it aside.Use the big holes while grating .
- Transfer the grated beetroot to a vessel. Add little water and salt and keep it to cook till soft . Alternatively you can cook in microwave .
- Grind coconut, green chilli and jeera seeds to a smooth paste adding little water .
- Add the ground paste to the cooked beetroot . Add salt , mix well and cook on sim till the raw smell of the ground masala goes may be 5 minutes .
- Switch off and allow to cool . Once warm / cool , add whisked curd and mix well .
- Prepare a tempering . Heat a tsp of coconut oil preferable.Add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves and pour it over the pachadi .
- Enjoy delicious beetroot pachadi as a side dish for rice.
If you want while grinding masala , you can add a small piece of ginger or onion ( shallots ) . Many do that way . But i like it plain .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!