BHINDI DO PYAZA RECIPE / OKRA - ONIONS STIR FRY - BHINDI SABZI
Today i have for you all a... popular North Indian side dish / Subzi that is very common in most of the restaurant menu card , dhabha and north Indian house. Made from bhindi ,lot of onions and combination of spices this " Bhindi Do Pyaza " not only tastes awesome but is also simple and easy to make . As in my home we all are bhindi fans , any given day this bhindi do pyaza is indeed a comfort food for us and one of the most preferred side dish to go with phulka / chapathi . Though its easy to make , the most challenging task in making this subzi is to avoid stickiness / sliminess that is the trademark quality of okra .But if you take proper precautions and follow the Notes ( mentioned towards end ) properly , one of the best restaurant style bhindi do pyaza is all yours. Do try friends and i am sure you will love it.. here you go ....
BHINDI DO PYAZA RECIPE
- Wash, wipe the okra properly using dry kitchen cloth.Cut the head of Bhindi, and then length wise into two long slices.
- Chop onion to thin slices and grate ginger .
- In a pan heat oil .Once hot ,add the cumin seeds. When they splutter add haldi , ginger ,onions and bhindi .
- Stitr fry onion and bhindi mix on medium flame for about 8-10 mins stirring in between ocassionally so that they don't stick to bottom / burn .
- Once they are almost cooked ( the sliminess coming out from them would have stopped ) add red chilli powder , dhania jeera powder,garam masala ,aamchoor and salt .
- Mix well and cook for another 4-5 mins so that bhindi takes in all the spices .
- Switch off the heat and serve hot bhindi do pyaza with hot phulka /. chapathi .
- To avoid bhindi turning slimy , dry / wipe the bhindi properly after washing . If the bhindi is wet , subzi will turn slimy .
- If you have time , after chopping the bhindi , its better to keep in fridge for about 1-2 hours . This will help in reducing sliminess more.
- Fry the subzi nicely on medium heat to avoid sliminess . Don't add salt initially . Add it mid .
- If you want , initially only while roasting bhindis ; add amchoor powder . Addition of tanginess reduces sliminess
- Don't cut oil quantity . Bhindi typically reuires oil to get a nice crispiness . In restuarants , they deep fry bhindis while making this dish .
- If you find the bhindi and onion is sticking to the kadai , add some more oil .
- Tender fresh bhindi taste best for this dish .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!