BREAD BONDA / BREAD POTATO ROLLS / BREAD VEG ROLL RECIPE
After i shared bread dosa few months before many readers requested to post more recipes using bread. So today i have for you all a delicious finger licking snack made using few left over bread slices lying in the kitchen . With just a few bread slices and some easily available ingredients from your kitchen pantry in no time your evening snack is ready ... Yes !! making these " Bread Bonda / Bread Vegetable Rolls " is that simple . Crispy crunchy from out side and soft inside .. my kids n I just love it . Its not only we i am sure most of you will surely like it. To cut the oil absorption i have rolled it in dry flour .
Here goes the recipe :
- Boil potatoes , de skin and mash . Blanch peas . Chop the rest of the veggies and grate carrot .
- In a pan take a tsp of oil . Crackle jeera . Add onion and ginger . Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Add beans and carrot to it . Add some salt and saute for 1-2 mins .
- To the veggies add all the spice powder - salt , haldi , chilli powder , garam masala , chat masala and aamchoor powder . Mix .
- Add mashed potatoes , precooked green peas,chopped dhania and pudina to it .
- Switch off and mix everything well. Taste test and add if anything required .
- Make small to medium rolls of the filling depending on the size of the bread and depending on the size of the roll you want to make .
- Take a slice of bread and dip it into water.Remove immediately. Squueze the bread slice gently between your palm to remove excess water . See to it that you don't allow bread to absorb more water.
- Place one lemon sized ball over the center of soaked bread.
- Cover the bread from all sides. Repeat the same with rest of balls and bread.
- Spread corn flour over a dish. Roll the balls over it.
- Meanwhile keep oil to deep fry in a kadai / deep pan . Once oil is hot, deep fry the roll until golden brown from all side. Fry only 2 to 3 at one time.
- Place the rolls over absorbent napkin to drain excess oil .
- Thats it hot hot bread rolls are ready to serve . Serve them with with green chutney / sauce and a hot cup of tea.
- Take care that potatoes while boiling don't absorb excess water . If they do , after cooking place the potatoes on tissue paper so that excess water goes .
- Addition of spices , herbs , veggies is all your choice. You can go crazy with the filling and do plus or minus from the above mentined list. If you want you can do plain potato filling too .
- You can use white or brown bread. If you want you can cut the edges .
- Don't let bread absorb more water .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!