CAPSICUM BATH RECIPE / CAPSICUM RICE RECIPE - EASY LUNCHBOX RECIPES !!
Today i have an easy ,simple and yummy variety rice that's very apt when you want to cook something in a jiffy on one of those no mood to cook- lazy boring days / hurry- burry days / when you have some unexpected guests dropping in for lunch . Yes friends, if you have cooked rice ready , making " Capsicum Masala Bath / Capsicum Rice " hardly takes 15 minutes. This dish is also ideal for your lunch box / if you are looking ways to clear left over rice ....
To make this capsicum bath i use Vangibath Powder . I usually love to stock this handy spice powder using which we can make variety of rice items . I have already shared recipe for both vangibath powder and vangi bath , today lets learn how to do capsicum bath using this vangi bath masala . Over the time i'll post some more masala bath recipes where vangi bath powder can be used .So are you ready to treat your taste buds with this spicy , yummy easy one pot meal ...here you go ..
CAPSICUM BATH / CAPSICUM RICE
- Wash rice and cook it in the proportion 1 : 2 / 2.5 ie 1 glass rice , 2 glass water.The cooked rice grains should be separate,not mushy.Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly.It has to be cooled properly before using.
- Cut capsicum into medium size pieces . Chop onions into medium slices .
- In a kadai / pan heat oil . Once its hot add mustard, lentils and cashew . Once they splutter add curry leaves ,red chilli and green chilli .
- Add onion , green peas , turmeric and salt . Saute till raw smell of onion goes .
- Add chopped capsicum . Fry for 3-4 mins .
- Once the capsicum is done 50 % , add vangibath powder , tamarind juice . Mix well . Cover and cook for another 3-4 mins so that capsicum takes in flavor . No need to cook capsicum fully . Retain crunchiness.
- Finally add grated kopra if you want and give a gentle mix. Switch off after the extra moisture has evaporated.Our capsicum bath masala to be mixed with rice is ready . This masala should not be too dry or liquidy . Hope you can make out the consistency from my picture.
- Add cooked rice to the bath masala. Drizzle some lemon juice , salt and mix well . Taste test .
- Relish the tasty capsicum baath as such or with some raita . If you allow it to sit for some time after mixing , the rice would taste more tasty as it would have taken in the flavours well. If you want , you can warm it while serving .
- Don't make the rice mushy . It will spoil the taste. Add few drops of ghee / oil and few drops of lemon while making rice for pulao . This will help the rice grains to remain separate .
- Addition of onions n peas is purely optional . i sometimes add and at times don't.
- If you want you can add tomatoes too .
- Do not add too much salt and tamarind to the masala as the capsicum pieces will absorb them. thats the reason while mixing i am adding again some salt and lemon juice. this way your capsicum pieces will be perfectly spiced.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!