CAPSICUM CORN RICE / CAPSICUM CORN BATH RECIPE
It's been many days since i shared a pulao / rice variety recipe here ..Right ?? So today it's " Capsicum Corn Pulao ( Rice ) / Capsicum Corn Bath " for you all - an easy ,simple and yummy rice that's very apt when you want to cook something in a jiffy on one of those " no mood to cook " lazy boring days / when you have some unexpected guests dropping in for lunch . Yes friends, if you have cooked rice ready , making corn capsicum rice hardly takes 15 - 20 minutes. This dish is also ideal for your lunch box / if you are looking ways to clear left over rice ....
CAPSICUM CORN RICE
CAPSICUM CORN RICE
For the seasoning :
- Wash rice and cook it with little salt in the proportion 1 : 2 / 2.5 ie 1 glass rice ,2 glass water.The cooked rice grains should be separate,not mushy.Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly.It has to be cooled properly before using.
- Meanwhile cook corn in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 5-6 mins or in cooker for 1 whistle.
- In a kadai / pan heat oil. Once its hot, add cumin seed and bay leaf.
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add onion, little garlic (optional) and green chillies. Fry nicely till onion turns slight golden brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and saute till mushy . Add some salt while sauteing , that will quicken up cooking of tomatoes .
- Add capsicum and fry for 3-4 mins. I like capsicum to be crunchy. If you want it to get more cooked , you can fry for couple of minutes more .
- Then add cooked sweet corn , haldi , red chilli powder and garma masala / biriyani masala / vangi bath powder . Add some salt and mix well .
- Switch off . Add some coriander leaves . Masala for capsicum corn rice is ready . This masala should not be too dry or liquidy . Hope you can make out the consistency from my picture.
- Add cooked rice to the capsicum masala. Drizzle some lemon juice and mix well . Taste test .
- Relish the tasty capsicum corn rice as such or with some raita . If you allow it to sit for some time after mixing , the rice would taste more tasty as it would have taken in the flavors well.That's it . .isn't it very easy . I am sure you all would want to try it . Go ahead and try.. and when you do don't forget to share your feedback with me and a simple pic too. Happy Cooking !!
- In the above recipe since i have tried to make a quick version , i haven't added much veggies. But if you want you can add beans, carrot ,peas etc.
- You can use any spice powder that you like / thats available to flavor up the pulao . For ex , garam masala powder, biriyani powder , vangi bath powder etc .
- If using vangi bath masala don't use garlic. You can skip onions too .
- Instead of sweet corn you can use baby corn too .
- Don't make the rice mushy . It will spoil the taste. Add few drops of ghee / oil and few drops of lemon while making rice for pulao . This will help the rice grains to remain separate .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!