CARROT CHUTNEY RECIPE
Today i have for you all a colorful and healthy chutney and that's " Carrot Chutney ". This chutney is quick and easy to prepare and a nice change from the regular coconuut / tomato chutney . A great way to sneak in some carrots too .If you are wondering how a chutney from carrot would be ... i suggest you must try it. Temper it with little extra oil and give a boil ... yumm .. you can relish this chutney for few days without getting bored of it with most of the Indian breakfasts and even with roti , chapathi or rice ....
I make carrot chutney whenever i have surplus carrots. I follow my Beetroot chutney recipe for this. You can make this chutney with or without coconut . Do try this chutney for sure ...U will enjoy its taste and goodness of carrot.. here goes the recipe of healthy side dish " Carrot Chutney " :
- Dice carrot .Pressure cook or microwave till the carrot chunks are cooked . Peel the skin after carrot cools .
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add urad dal ,chana dal ,hing & red chillies fry till dal turns golden. Turn off the heat, add coconut & let it cool completely.
- Transfer the fried masala, cooked carrot ,tamarind and salt to a mixer / blender. Grind to a smooth paste.but don't make super smooth. Taste test .
- Prepare the tempering .Heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add mustard and curry leaves. Now add grounded chutney to this.Bring a boil by stirring in between .
- Serve carrot chutney with hot rice / idli / dosa / chsapathi etc . Stays good for 3-4 days in fridge .
If you don't like hing , you can flavor the chutney with little onion / ginger / garlic . Add few pieces of it while roasting masala. Fry well and grind.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!