CARROT METHI RICE / CARROT RICE RECIPE - EASY LUNCH BOX RECIPES !!
Kids love this carrot rice as its very colorful . Addition of methi peps up the carrot rice.You can use fresh fenugreek leaves or the dried kasuri methi . I like to use kasuri methi as its more flavorful and makes the dish more tasty . So are you ready to quickly make a note of this jiffy recipe for Carrot Methi Rice .. Do give a try and i am sure it will make a regular entry in your lunch box .. Here you go ..
Carrot Methi Rice
- Wash rice and cook it in the proportion 1 : 2 / 2.5 ie 1 glass rice , 2 glass water.The cooked rice grains should be separate,not mushy.Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly.It has to be cooled properly before using.
- Grate carrots . Keep aside .
- Roughly crush elaichi , cinnamon and cloves . Keep aside .
- In a kadai / pan heat oil . Once its hot add cumin seeds, crushed whole spices ( elaichi + cinnamon and cloves) , bay leaf and cashew .
- Once cashew becomes golden brown , add onion and green chilli . Saute till lightly browned .
- Next add grated carrots and peas . Sprinkle little salt and saute for 3-4 mins .
- Next add kasoori methi and garam masala powder ( optional ) . Mix nicely and saute till carrot shrinks and raw taste from carrot and peas goes .
- That's it our carrot methi rice masala is ready to be mixed with rice .
- Add cooked rice to the masala. Add salt and mix well . Taste test .
- Relish the tasty Carrot Methi Rice as such or with some raita . If you allow it to sit for some time after mixing , the rice would taste more tasty as it would have taken in the flavours well. You can warm it while serving .
Enjoy the tasty and healthy carrot methi rice in your lunch box!!
- Don't make the rice mushy . It will spoil the taste. Add few drops of ghee / oil and few drops of lemon while making rice for pulao . This will help the rice grains to remain separate .
- Addition of onions n peas is purely optional . i sometimes add and at times don't.
- Since i usually make carrot methi rice for lunch box , i make it mild .. don't add much masala . Thats why have mentioned garam masala as optional