CAULIFLOWER SABZI / GOBI KI SABZI - EASY CAULIFLOWER CURRY RECIPE
Isn't preparing different side dish for roti or phulka everyday a big head ache job ?? For me it is.. not always do we like fancy ,rich ..restaurant style gravies with cashew paste, coconut paste, paneer etc.Some times simple homely kind of side dish is all we crave for. Today i have one such North Indian style side dish made from cauliflower." Gobhi ki Sabzi / Cauliflower Sabzi " . It is so simple ,uncomplicated .. but full of flavors. Great for a quick weeknight meal.
Cauliflower Sabzi is basically a North Indian style cauliflower dry stir fry with some spices in it. It could not be a dinner party dish but certainly one of the most favorite dish after a long day at work .Its tasty and jiffy . Serve it with roti or dal rice or even stuff it in bread ...choice is yours..whichever i'm sure you'll enjoy..
- Clean and cut cauliflower to Small - medium bite size florets.
- In a large saucepan / vessel boil water. When the water boils, switch off the flame and add salt and a pinch of turmeric. To that throw cauliflower and keep it closed for abt 5-10 mins.This step is always important while cooking cauliflower as it ensures 100 % cleanliness.Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan /kadai over medium heat, add cumin seeds ,tej patta and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion followed by garlic, ginger and green chillies to the pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and saute till mushy .
- Then add haldi , jeera powder, dhania powder , aamchoor powder ,salt and red chilli powder. Saute 1 min.
- Add diced blanched gobi . Mix everything well so that gobi gets coated with the masala well . Saute for 2-3 mins. Close and cook over low flame mixing well in between.
- When gobi is done , finally add garam masala powder and coriander leaves , mix and switch off.
- Serve hot cauliflower dry sabzi with hot roti or with dal rice.
- To the above sabzi , you can add some diced potatoes and fresh peas also . to make aloo gobi or aloo gobi matar.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!