CHAYOTE SQUASH ( CHOW CHOW ) RAITA / SEEME BADANEKAYI MOSARU GOJJU
Today i have for you all a healthy,refreshing,yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Chayote Squash .Thats " Chayote squash raita / Chow Chow Raita " . In Kannada its called " Seeme badanekai Mosaru Gojju " . Usually raitas are very simple to make but tastes awesome. This Chayote squash raita too falls under that category.Making of this raita is very very simple and hardly takes any time but taste wise they are yumm...
Chayote Squash generally tastes bland but gets blended well with other flavors and taste exceptionally delicious .The best part is you will keep guessing what this raita is made from . Simple recipe that anyone can make. I make them often in my home and everybody loves it. you too give a try and let me know your feedback.. here you go...
CHAYOTE SQUASH RAITA
- Cut chayote squash vertically in the centre , remove seed . Add little water and pressure cook it the cooker for 2-3 whistles . Even if it becomes mushy no problem but under cook it.
- When the pressure goes off , take off the chayote squash from the cooker and allow it to cool a bit . Peel off its outer skin as we peel potato skin . Mash Chayote squash nicely .
- To the mashed veggie , add curd , salt and finely chopped green chilles . Mix well .
- Prepare the tempering.In a small kadai ,take oil.Add mustard seeds,urad dal and chana dal. Once they splutter add curry leaves ,hing and broken red chilli. Switch off .Pour this tempering on raita. Add chopped coriander leaves.Mix everything. If required add some more curd and adjust the consistency.
- Serve the easy peesy chayote squash raita with rice or chapathi .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!