Every now and then kids deserve a treat ! And Children’s day is one such day. Tomorrow, Nov 14th Children’s Day is celebrated in India and i wanted to treat my kids with their favorite Chocolate Fudge . I was damn sure that this gift would get me loads n loads of hugs n kisses from my little ones. And yes i wasn’t wrong. These Chocolate Fudge with mixed nuts takes just 5 mins to make and the end product is something worth more than that. Delicious, smoothy ,chocolaty n just melt in mouth kind of …
Making Chocolate Fudge is so easy with just simple ingredients that we have in our pantry. I often make it at home as not only for kids but for us too its quiet addictive. A divine tasting dessert to satisfy your sweet carvings.But they are richie rich on calories. Don’t blame me if your weighing scale moves right side later. HeHe… Remembering the Alpenliebe chocolate ad that used to come when i was a kid “Jee Lal Chaye Raha Na Jaye….” So apt isn’t it…After tempting you all so much , i’m sure you all are waiting for the recipe.Here we go…
CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE
- 2 cups or 350 gm Dark compound chocolate
- 3/4 cup or 225 gm Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp or 30 gm Butter
- Mixed Nuts - as much you wish ( i used cashews,almonds n pista)
- Dry roast the nuts till they are a bit aromatic.Allow them to cool.Chop nuts to small pieces.
- Cut dark chocolate into small pieces or chunks so that they melt easily.
- Prepare a dish for the fudge by placing a parchment paper or aluminum foil.This way chocolate will come out easily once they solidify.
- Take condensed milk,chocolate pieces and butter in a wide vessel and melt them using a double boiler method. i.e Fill a saucepan with water and keep it on stove to heat.Place the container containing chocolate pieces,condensed milk and butter above the saucepan.Take care that water doesn't enter into choco bowl .
- Now from the heat of the inner saucepan chocolate gets melted . Mix well .You will notice that the mixture has become silky.
- Once chocolate is completely melted ,remove the chocolate container from the hot water and add chopped nuts.Mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Next pour the chocolate into a aluminum tray or the prepared dish. Tap and smoothen the upper surface.
- Keep aside the dish in fridge to set for about 3-5 hours. If you are in a hurry you can keep in freezer too.
- Once set, slowly demould the fudge .If you observe the pic, you can see how neatly it has come out from th epaper without sticking .
- Cut the fudge to small pieces. Wrap each fudge pieces in small small plastic or parchment paper ( this way they don't stick to one another) .Store in airtight container in fridge . Enjoy !!!
- If you want you can melt chocolate in microwave too.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk chocalate or choco chips too.
- For variations you can add some butterscotch chips / peanut butter/orange rind etc for a different flavor fudge. Method is same.
- Stays good in fridge for about 3-4 weeks.