CLUSTER BEANS CHUTNEY RECIPE / GORIKAYI CHUTNEY / GAWAR KI CHUTNEY
Last week i had few left over cluster beans after making stir fry . Just when i was thinking how to finish off them , my mom suggested me this excellent chutney out of cluster beans. Hearing the recipe, I was initially skeptical as how it might taste but now i am glad that i did give a try . After the succesful trials in my kitchen and after getting thumbs up from my family , i present to you today " Cluster Beans Chutney " or " Gorikayi / Chavalikai chutney " as called in Kannada. If you too are wondering like me how it might taste .. i recommend ...MUST try !! It's very unique .Takes in just few ingredients , very easy and very tasty too. If you hate Cluster beans for its slight bitterness , do implement this healthy veggie in your diet atleast in this form . You will keep wondering did i add cluster beans or not to his chutney ??!!!
Here's the recipe..
CLUSTER BEANS CHUTNEY
- Wash , cut the tips and roughly chop cluster beans .
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté cluster beans . Add little salt , mix and close the lid for few minutes. No need to add water . Open the lid and toss the cluster beans in between .
- When the cluster beans is 75 % cooked , add green chilli , coriander and cumin . Fry nicely till beans are soft and tender . Switch off and allow to cool .
- Meanwhile dry roast groundnut till they crackle . Allow to cool . Once cool, if you want de skin peanuts or use as such.
- Transfer all the contents into a small mixer jar.Add tamarind ,salt and little water .Grind all the ingredients together into a coarse paste.
- For tempering heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.Wen they splutter add hing and curry leaves.Pour the hot tempered oil onto the chutney .
- Serve Cluster beans chutney with hot steamed rice / chapathi / sandwich / dosa.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!