COCONUT BURFI / KOBBARI MITHAI / NARIYAL KI BARFI
Festivals are synonym to family get togethers,celebrations,god food ,sweets and yes more sweets.....With festivals queued up one behind the other , its time for me to post a traditional Indian dessert .I am sure most of us love " Coconut Burfi / Kobbari Mithai / Nariyal Ki Barfi" and have grown up eating it. It is one of the easiest sweet that is prepared in almost every home for some occasion or other. Made with just a few ingredients ..it's so easy ,tasty,chewy and the best part is it does not take much time to make .
This coconut burfi are pure white since the brown part of coconut skin is not used, so you have to grate coconut taking care of that else the burfi won't be in white color like this.Also addition of milk gives it extra snow white color.If you are in the look out of festive sweets that can be put together in a jiffy.. this coconut burfi is just for YOU... here you go...
- Transfer grated coconut to a mixer container.Run it in mixer just once so that you get fine gratings.
- Grease a plate with little ghee.
- In a heavy bottom kadai / pan , add grated coconut,milk and sugar .Mix well. Cook it in slow to medium flame stirring in between.
- Sugar will begin to melt after some time. Continue to stir in between.
- After some time, you will see that coconut n sugar mixture is thickening. Add elaichi powder and edible camphor.Mix well. From this stage stir continuously on a low flame.
- Once the mixture starts leaving the surface and becomes a single lump , its done.
- Transfer to the greased plate .
- Using a spatula spread it evenly to get desired thickness. Smoothen the surface using the base of a greased cup. When still warm, make markings of desired shape and size.
- Coconut Burfi is ready. Stays good without refrigeration for max 8-10 days.
- While grating the coconut make sure you don’t use the black portion. This will give you a white Coconut Burfi.
- As per my mom , addition of milk makes cocnout burfi extra white. So i add always n yes i do get white burfi. But its left to you, you can omit. Addition of milk is optional.
- Once the mixture becomes a single lump, don't overcook. Else you will not be able to spread the mixture and your burfi will become hard and crumbly.
- The above quantity makes about 7-8 pieces. And time required for making this is about 15 mins.
- In case you are in a place where fresh coconut is not available, u can use desiccated coconut.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!