Today’s post is simple,easiest and one of the most super hit party starters.Its as simple as tossing together few ingredients and voila ! you are left with a lipsmacking “Corn Canapes / Corn Sev Canapes “. Pretty to look at ,easy to eat , yummy to taste… a perfect appetizer for any occasion.. it can’t get better than this…
Last year for my daughters birthday i had made corn canapes and by the end of the party not even a single piece was left for me to taste. Everyone loved it so much that next day many mummies called me to ask the recipe of it. It was such a big superhit ,the talk of the party !! I have been making various types of canapes . Over the time will share one by one. For today its canapes with corn chaat filling.. kids love it.. here we go…
kids friendly cor canapes recipe with step by step recipes
Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.
Meanwhile Deep fry canapes in oil for few seconds until they turn crisp,follow the instructions given at the back of the packet. Alternatively you can bake them too.Drain n store in air tight container.
Prepare the filling:
For dressing : Take lemon juice,salt,red chilli powder,sweet chutney,jeera powder & chaat masala in a mixing bowl.Mix well.
Add onion,cucumber,carrot,tomato,pomogranete and boiled corn to the mixing bowl having dressing. Toss gently to combine.Filling is ready.
Method to serve :
Arrange the canapes in a plate.Fill the canapes with a spoon of corn filling.
Top it with sev generously and garnish with coriander.Serve immediately.
Enjoy the corn canapes ....
- I use DIP brand canapes. they are available easily in supermarkets like Nilgiris,Big bazar,MK Ahmad etc
- Deep fry the canapes as we do for papads. We can bake them too. But keep a close watch while baking.
- Prepare the filling just before serving. Else it will leave water.You can prepare dressing, keep veggies ready .Just before serving mix both .
- Fill the stuffing to canapes just before serving.Else canapes will become soggy.
- Instead of corn you can use moong filling / potato filling or any other filling of your choice.
- In case you don't get ready made canapes , you can use salt biscuit / roasted bread/ garlic bread etc as base.