CORN CHAAT / CORN SALAD
Today's post is very simple and lip smacking.Its as simple as tossing together few everyday ingredients and voila !you are left with a lip smacking snack. Yes as the title says i'm speaking about "Corn Salad/Chaat ".
Why the confusion between a salad and a chat ? If you eat it straight as i do- its salad , drizzle little sev as my kids do its chaat. Its good no matter how you eat it !!
Corn is such a versatile ingredient that it can be relished in innumerable ways.Its a favorite at home and any dish made with it,gets emptied in no time.I often make these corn salad / chat other than few more corn dishes.The sweetness of sweet corn compliments to the crunch of onions n cucumber.Addition of tomatoes makes it juicy.With heightened awareness of healthy meals,salads have become a part of our menu.I am so glad that my kids luv it so much that they are happy to gorge them in their snack box too. In fact , i haven't found anyone till now who didn't enjoy it..
So ready for a quick and kid friendly dish? Here it goes:
CORN CHAAT / CORN SALAD
For dressing :
- I have not mentioned the quantity of the ingredients.You can add them as per your preference.
- Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.Finely dice onion, cucumber,carrot and tomato.
- Prepare the chaat / salad dressing : Mix lemon juice,salt,jeera powder & chaat masala in a mixing bowl.Add a pinch of chopped chilli /pepper pwd/red chilli powder.Mix well.
- Add onion,cucumber,carrot,tomato,pomogranete and boiled corn to the mixing bowl having dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and savor immediately.Agree ? All chaats need not be termed as junk foods .. This refreshing corn chaat proves it..
- You can also add little sweet chutney n green chutney to the dressing.
- You can also add chopped chopped boiled potato/raw mango / chopped capsicum /chopped pineapple to the salad.
- You can also add sev. To make it 100 % guilt free i avoided it.
- This can be served on a salt crackers/indian papad /canapes/ papdi or tacos or .... ideas are welcome....
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!