Today i have for you all a delicious snack made from Corn . Its ” Corn Cutlet / Corn Tikkis ” . It’s simple , quick to prepare and tastes really yum. Made from handy ingredients its a perfect healthy after school snack for your kiddos. Relish it as your tea time snack or serve as a starter in your next get together or stuff between buns and munch as burgers .. the choice is all yours . But which ever way.. i’m sure that everyone would love it plus its so easy and simple to make.
I have already posted many corn recipes like corn dosa , capscicum corn rice, corn pulav , corn dhokla etc and today its time for Corn Cutlet . I couldn’t click much good pics this time as kids were getting restless to attack the plate ..infact my son started putting his hands in between and kept biting pieces while I was taking pictures!! So gave up …
Simple tasty ad flavorful patties made from corn
Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.
In a mixer crush slightly the corn kernels. No need to make a smooth paste .
In a pan take a tsp of oil . Add onion and crushed corn. Saute fo 2-3 mins . Such that onions become aromatic and corn looses extra moisture. Allow it to cool .
After the onion - corn mix cools , add to it mashed potato , green chilli , coriander leaves and all spice powder ( red chilli powder , jeera powder, garam masala powder , aamchoor , chat masala and salt ) .
Mix everything well. Taste test and add if anything required
Divide the dough to small / medium equal size balls . Shapen them depending on your choice . You can do round flat disc /oval / heart shape / use any cookie cutter to give special shape .
In a small bowl , mix maida or corn flour with 2 to 3 tbsp of water such that no lumps are formed . The batter should not be thick . In another plate spread breadcrumbs.
Dip cutlet in cornflour mix to coat all sides and then coat it with bread crumbs well, Repeat same for rest of the cutlets . Keep cutlets covered in refrigerator for 30 mins / more to firm them . You can finish cutlet preparation till here and refrigerate and fry fresh when you are about to serve .
The coated cutlets can be deep fried / shallow fried on tawa . Serve Corn Cutlets hot with ketchup / green chutney .
- Take care that potatoes while boiling don't absorb excess water . If they do , after cooking ..place the potatoes on tissue paper so that excess water goes .
- After grinding the corn if it has turned little watery ,saute it for 3-4 mins more so that it becomes excess moisture dries out .
- If you want you can add any other mixed veggies too .
- The final dough should not be watery type . else it will be oo soft and drink oil . In that case you can add some bread or cornfllour to absorb excess moisture .
- You can either deep fry them or shallow fry them on tawa. Both taste equally good.But if you are doing in large quantity , better to deep fry as it gets over equally .