CORN PULAO / CORN PULAV RECIPE - SWEET CORN RECIPES
Today's post is dedicated to all the busy bees who want to cook something fancy,delicious yet simple and quick. Here's " Corn Pulav ( Pulao) " -- A quickie ,yummy and one of the most simplest one pot meal . A perfect kid friendly as well crowd pleaser and yes apt to carry in lunch box too . And should i need to mention that its one of my kids favorites too ...Some time back i had shared capsicum corn bath recipe here and today its entirely different recipe of corn rice.Pair it up with some raita.. a bowl of hot steaming Corn Pulav is all gone..That's how flavorful and delicious it is... Are you ready to jot down Indian style corn pulao recipe ?? Here you go...
To Temper :
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15-20 mins. Drain water completely.
- In a mortor slightly crush all the spices that is cinnamon , cloves ,cardamom .star anise and mace .
- In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee together. Once its hot, add cumin seed,bay leaf and crushed spice powder .
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add onion ,green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry nicely till onion turns golden brown in color.
- Next add raw corn and kasoori methi or pudina. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add rice and fry well for 2-3 mins .This will help in bringing out nice aroma from the rice.
- Add hot water and salt to the rice mixture. Mix well. Once the water starts boiling,add coriander leaves and close the lid and keep the flame to medium . Cook for 1-2 whistles and switch off the flame.** ref Notes 2
- Once the pressure releases,gently fluff it up using a fork.Serve the delicious Corn Pulav hot hot with any raita of you choice
- Basmati Rice to water ratio i follow is 1: 1.5 . If using normal rice you can maintain 1 : 2 1/2 ratio.
- If you are using basmati rice ,cook for 1 whistle , keep on sim for abt 5-8 mins. Switch off. For normal rice , cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.Basmati rice will cook quickly.
- Instead of corn you can also add
- green peas/hyacinth beans / mixed veggies like carrot ,beans etc.
- You can use fresh or frozen corn .
- For additional flavor if you want you can add a tsp of garam masala / biriyani masala powder just before adding water.
- Another method of doing this pulao , is cook rice separately and later mixing it to the bhaji .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!