EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE / EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH ICING FOR BEGINNERS
Today i'm in a celebration mood !!! Guess Why ?? Need some hint ?? Hmm... Ok chalo , let me reveal it ... " Yipee !!! Today my baby blog turns 2 !! " . It feels like it was just yesterday when I shared my first blog post .Time really flies isn't it ?? And I'm so happy to be here, blogging.. A big thanks to all of you for your continuous love and support . Your each and every word makes me happy and encourages me.... i'm sure without which things would be entirely different . What ?? I can hear something .... are you guys asking me for a treat ?? How about a Chocolate cake ?? Yumm.. right ? To celebrate the occasion i have for you all " Eggless Chocolate Cake "... its moist, chocolate-y and delcious.....
Blogging has been fun, engaging, satisfying, and a huge learning experience for me . 2 years before , making cake at home was the last thing i could think of ... Yes i was really lazy !! But things have changed now . A big thanks to my hubby n kids too who always praise the expirements that keeps happening in my kitchen . When i was thinking what shall i share for my blog's anniversary , varoius options started popping in . Finally i zeroed on Eggless chocolate Cake . I have baked this cake few times and happy with the result . But as an icing on cake .. hubby dear said " Why don't you decorate your cake with froasting this time .. that would make it special.. ". Then i googled and googled for easy froasting recipes for beginners. Somehow couldn't push myself to experiment one of those . So switched to instant option.I wanted to decorate my cake in a much better way but while making realized i need some more fine arts skills. I tried my best to make my first frosted cake presentable.. What do you think?? I know its very simple and i could have done better but taste wise it tasted awesome ..
I promise guys i''ll practice more and will come up soon with a better looking cake . Till then you try and enjoy this full proof recipe of Eggless chocolatey cake ...I am sure you will love it.. and don't forget to wish my baby blog HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. Here you go...
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Powder sugar in a mixer .
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins .
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida , choco powder and instant coffee powder once or twice.Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes and grease the baking tray nicely .
- After 5 min , you will see curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture . Add vanilla essence , salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk such that the bubbles doesn't subside .
- Now, add half of the sieved maida , choco and coffee mix and fold it gently. Add chocolate chips too if using while mixing .Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps . But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- You will see that cake mix would have turned tough . Add hot boiled water slowly in steps and mix the batter to get a dropping consistency . The final batter should be of dropping consistency as shown in pic and not too thick. .Tap slightly to level and to release air gaps.
- Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake it at 180 deg c for 35-40 minutes .Keep an eye on the cake after 30 minutes .If you prick a tooth pick in the centre , it should comes out clean if the cake is done. Mine took around 38 mins to bake .
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool .
- Once cool , cut to slices and relish your yummy eggless Chocolate cake . Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration.
- If you want you can go one step ahead and decorate your cake with icing . I actually wanted to make a ganache with nutella from scratch . But yet to muster courage and lay my hands on it . So for this time i used life saver Blue Bird Instant Whipped Cream . He he .. So easy right .. for people who don't bake often / beginners this is best
- Follow the instrucions as written in packet and refrigerate to get instant cream froasting .
- Cut the cake slightly from the top to get perfect flat surface ( do this step , if your cake has got a dome shape else omit ) . Using a butter knife spread the froasting evenly and decorate the cake as you wish .
- Our eggless chocolate cake with icing is ready . How does it look ?? I know not so great .. but i'm happy with my first ever trial .. Next time i promise i'll do better than this and share with you all how to prepare froasting from scratch ...
- A piece for YOU... !!!
- Curd reacts with baking soda and makes the cake soft and moist . So be gentle while mixing, take care that the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- If you are a vegan / allergic to milk particles , you can omit curd . Instead use about 1 tbsp of lemon juice / white vinegar .
- I read some where that ot water is used while making chocolate cake because it helps to dissolve cocoa better and bring out more flavor.
- While greasing the baking tray , butter should be in room temperature. Else cake will not come out clean
- Always keep an eye when the baking nears the ending time. We don't want our cake to get over baked.
- Don't cut slices when the cake is very hot . Slices won't come neat . It will be crumbly .
Thanks for reading the post....please drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!