EGGLESS DATES CAKE RECIPE
Merry Christmas to everyone !!! This greeting comes to you very late since its vacation time and i am out of station . So dear readers please excuse me . To celebrate the occasion i have for you all " Eggless Dates Cake ". Its moist,fluffy,tasty with perfect sweetness and crunchy nuts in between and of course a complete beginners delight !!!
When i first started me baking journey few months back , i though i'll start with vanilla cake. While looking for some basic eggless cake i stumbled upon this dates cake here .The recipe seemed very easy to begin and the cake looked so yum in spite of being egg less and butter less . But dates in a cake .. i was not sure. I thought let me give a try and to my happiness my first ever bake turned out so good.It was so moist, soft n delicious and above all so so easy and simple.There after i baked this cake many a times , shared it among my friends and relatives too and it was always a hit .. You too try for sure and be prepared to beam with joy..Off to bake...
- Warm 2 tsp milk in microwave and soak dates to make it soft.
- After about 5 minutes , take soaked dates in a mixer along with sugar. Grind to fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, take milk and oil.
- Add dates n sugar paste to it and mix well.
- Sieve maida with baking soda twice so that baking soda is evenly distributed . Add instant coffee powder too.Keep aside
- Preheat the oven at 180 c for 10 mins. Line the baking tray with butter paper and grease with oil and keep aside.
- Now it's time to prepare our cake batter.Add sifted flour slowly to the dates - milk mixture and mix well till all the ingredients are combined well.
- Add the chopped nuts and give a quick stir.Pour batter into the greased baking tray. Sprinkle some nuts on top.
- Bake it at 180 c for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool down completely on a wirerack and then cut into slices.
- Relish your eggless butterless dates cake .... Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration.
- If you like getting pieces of dates in between you can grind them a bit coarse.
- If you want you can reduce oil quantity a little bit and increase same qty milk . ie if you have reduced 2 tbsp oil qty increase milk quantity by 2 tbsp.
- Color of the cake depends on the dates color.
- For a healthier version replace maida with wheat flour. But it would be little dense.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!