EGGLESS OATS COOKIES / OATS & NUTS COOKIES - SUGAR FREE COOKIES
Eggless Oats cookies were in my bake list from a long time . Though there are many versions of oats cookies , i was wondering which one i should try first . While blog hopping ,I stumbled upon this recipe. Any healthy recipes surely attracts me and this Oats & Nuts Cookies was one such. What i liked most about this recipe was it's eggless , butterless ,oil less and sugar free too .I am happy that i did try these eggless Wholewheat Oats cookies .Wow !! they had turned almost like digestive biscuits !! So crunchy , tasty ,delicious and guiltfree . I was happy and surprised that even my kids loved them . With whole wheat , oats , nuts , honey ...we can actually feel good that we are indulging into healthy stuff. I have prepared these oats cookies a couple of times and never has it disappointed me . Go ahead friends .. do give a try and be prepared to get accolades ...
EGGLESS OATS COOKIES
- Transfer Cashew and almonds to a mixer and make a coarse powder of it . Keep aside .
- Next take oats and grind into coarse powder, keep aside.
- In large bowl mix oats powder, nuts powder along with wheat flour, baking soda, honey, and essence. Mix well to combine all ingredients together. The mixture will be crumbly .
- To the crumbly mix , add a tsp or 2 curd to make a smooth dough .
- Cover the dough and keep in fridge for 45 minutes. this will make dough a bit hard and non sticky .
- After 45 mins , Preheat the oven at 180c for 10 minutes .
- Divide the dough to small lemon sized equal balls.
- Flatten each balls gently by using your palm.Arrange the cookies on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave some space in between .
- Use your fork and press in the centre of each cookie to make an impression as shown in pic .
- Place the tray in the middle rack and bake the cookies at 180 c for 10 - 12 mins . After 10 -12 mins , take them out and reduce the temperature to 160 c and bake the cookies again for 3-5 minutes or till they are golden brown from sides as well bottom . This will make cookies crisper.
- Remove the cookies from the tray and let it cool completely.Initially they look soft when hot but after sometime , they will become crunchy .
- Store the cookies in an air tight container and relish !!! Stays good for minimum 6-7 days .
- Instead of honey you can use powdered sugar .
- If the dough doesn’t hold together, add extra 1 tsp curd to make smooth dough.
- You can use any essence for various flavours like vanilla , pineapple , pista , rose etc .
- Duration for which cookies has to be baked varies slightly and depends on your oven . For me it took 12 mins on 180 and 4 minutes at 160 c . So to avoid over baking , better keep an eye towards end .
Thanks for reading the post....please drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!