FROZEN DESSERT WORKSHOP , MOVENPICK HOTEL & SPA - BANGALORE
Recently i was invited to attend a Frozen Dessert Workshop by Chef Rayomund Pardiwallaby at Movenpick Hotel and SPA, Bangalore . How could i say no to a learning oppurtunity ?! I am happy that i took the right decision to be a part of the fun filled informative event .
I reached " My Place " - one of the restaurants in Movenpick Group on time . The first glimpse of the restuarant was just Wow !! The ambience was mind blowing . Conveniently accessible within 40 minutes from the airport, the Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore embodies Indian hospitality delivered with Swiss passion.The hotel offers stylish settings for social gatherings and conferences spread across 25000 square feet of event space. " My Place " resturant at Movenpick is known for its Lavish Large Buffet Spread.
Though we couldnt taste the buffet that day as it was already tea time , we did relish few snacks that was offerd to us .
After satisfying our tummy , now it was time to interact with Chef Rayomund Pardiwallaby . Inspite of being th executive Chef at Movenpick , Mr . Rayomund was such a simple , down to earth person . We ( students for the day ) were almost 12 , but still he was there for everyone , attended everyones query with full enthu , patience and interest . Thx Chef !! Making of frozen dessert seemed so easy under your guidance.
We first started with easiest Fresh Mango Sorbet .
- Dissolve liquid glucose , sugar & water over a stove till melted and set aside to cool
- Pour mango pulp to sugar solution and churn using a house hold ice cream machine / mixie .
- Pour the mix in ice trays and freeze for 6 -8 hours
- Serve the bite size mango sorbet when ready
Isn't that so easy . The next one was the no bake Frozen Blue berry cheese cake pops.
- Make sure the butter is frozen to prepare a crumble. Add the frozen butter to the crumbled cookies and gently mix to form a crumbly sandy texture set it aside or cover and place in fridge.
- Using a balloon whisk or electric beater whisk the cheese to form soft peaks.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Whip the whipping cream till stiff peaks.
- Gently fold chocolate bluberry compote and whipped cream in the cheese once done set in desired moulds or you can also use kulfi moulds and set the cheese cake. fill the mould with the cheese mixture and add the cookie crumble on the top pack it and set in freezer until set and serve chilled...this cheese cake will be hit a for kitty parties.
The cake pops had turned so so yummy !!
Last but not the least dessert for the day were Frozen Key lime pies .
With this dessert , the lovely master class with Chef was over and it was time to indulge all the above frozen desserts and many more . An array of beautiful desserts was laid for us . Each dessert looked so tempting and beatiful .. that i didnt feel like cutting / eating it .
Overall a great evening spent with friends cooking ,learning and tasting lovely Desserts. To add to it,the Chef was so down to earth and lively. He made us feel so comfortable by cracking few jokes, sharing his stories.. the whole session was so interactive. Thanks Movenpick again.
115, Gokula Extension, HMT Road, Near BEL Circle, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560054
phone :080 4300 1000
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!