GORIKAYI BATH / CLUSTER BEANS ( GAWARPHALI ) RICE - CLUSTER BEANS RECIPE
Today i have an easy ,simple and yummy variety rice recipe that's very ideal for lunch box . If you have cooked rice ready , making " Gorikayi Masala Bath / Cluster Beans Rice " hardly takes 15 minutes. This dish is very popular in Karnataka and made using Vangibath powder . I usually love to stock this handy spice powder using which we can make variety of rice items .I have already shared few recipes in which this masala powder is used like in the making of vangi bath , capsicum bath , rava bath and today it's gorikayi bath . So are you ready to treat your taste buds with this spicy , flavorful one pot meal ...here you go ..
GORIKAYI BATH / CLUSTER BEANS RICE
- Wash rice and cook it in the proportion 1 : 2 / 2.5 ie 1 glass rice ,2 glass water.The cooked rice grains should be separate,not mushy.Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly.It has to be cooled properly before using.
- Cut cluster beans into medium size pieces . Chop onions and capsicum into medium slices if adding .
- In a kadai / pan heat oil . Once its hot add mustard, lentils ,peanuts and cashew . Once they splutter add curry leaves ,red chilli and green chilli .
- Add onion , green peas , turmeric and salt . Saute 2-3 mins.
- Add cluster beans ..fry for 3-4 mins .
- Add capsicum ..saute 2-3 min
- Once the cluster beans is done 50 % , add vangibath powder , tamarind juice . Mix well . Cover and cook for another 5-6 mins so that cluster beans takes in flavor . No need to cook cluster beans fully . Retain crunchiness.
- Finally add grated kopra if you want and give a gentle mix. Switch off after the extra moisture has evaporated.Our gorikayi bath masala to be mixed with rice is ready . This masala should not be too dry or liquidy . Hope you can make out the consistency from my picture.
- Add cooked rice to the bath masala. Drizzle some lemon juice , salt and mix well . Taste test .
- Relish the tasty gorikayi baath as such or with some raita . If you allow it to sit for some time after mixing , the rice would taste more tasty as it would have taken in the flavours well. If you want , you can warm it while serving .
- Don't make the rice mushy . It will spoil the taste. Add few drops of ghee / oil and few drops of lemon while making rice for pulao . This will help the rice grains to remain separate .
- Addition of onions n capsicum is purely optional . i sometimes add and at times don't.
- If you want you can add tomatoes too .
- Do not add too much salt and tamarind to the masala as the veggies will absorb them. thats the reason while mixing i am adding again some salt and lemon juice. this way your veggie pieces will be perfectly spiced.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!