GREEN CHUTNEY RECIPE / MINT CORIANDER CHUTNEY/ PUDINA CHUTNEY
The common thing that all chaats share is their tasty chutneys.Any chaat is incomplete without Green Chutney and Sweet Chutney.Of them green chutney is perhaps the most favorite Indian accompaniment.It pairs well with many indian snacks like samosa,pakoda,dokhla etc,can be used as a spread for sandwich, or as a dip,the list can be endless.This Chutney easily adds an extra something to your meal.
There are many variations of this basic green chutney ,which i too have tried and have finally stuck to this recipe.Yeah, almost all versions tasted good, but i liked this version the best.This vibrantly green,coriander & mint chutney is easy to make and very flavorful.Mint adds freshness to this chutney.The addition of lemon juice enhances the flavor and prevents discoloration of the greens.
Sharing with you all one of the handy, lipsmacking chutney recipe which goes fine with anything and everything :
GREEN CHUTNEY RECIPE
- Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a mixer using very little water .
- Transfer to a bowl and enjoy the versatile chutney as you like .
- It can be stored for weeks in freezer and used as required. However , fresh green chutney always gets a thumbs up.
- If the green chutney is stored in refrigerator it looses its color quickly,hence store it in freezer.
- Can also use lemon size ball of tamarind OR 1 tbsp amchoor powder instead of lemon juice.
- In the above , i ve used chat masal for flavouring.As i told earlier that there are many variations ,you can also add onion / 1-2 garlic cloves /Ginger/ jeera / kala namak . Let me know your version ....
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!