JEERA RICE RECIPE / JEERA PULAO / CUMIN RICE
There are few weekends when you are in no mood to cook an elaborate meal or you don't have any veggies in stock nor in a mood to dine out. Scenario at my home last weekend was something similar. Weekend is the only time we all have lunch together.So i wanted to make something fancy,delicious yet simple and quick. " Jeera Rice / Jeera Pulao " is one of those easiest one pot meal, that can be made in minutes,without much effort .Pair it up with any spicy curry .. a bowl of hot steaming jeera rice is all gone..That's how flavorful and delicious it is.I in fact love to eat it without any side dish too...
Jeera rice is basically cumin flavored rice.I also add some whole spices and onion to it ,which makes the rice more fragrant.It's so easy to make it with just a few ingredients easily available in kitchen.In spite of its simplicity, probably Jeera Rice is one of the most hot selling dishes in a restaurant or a big gathering.Without further ado,here goes the recipe of Jeera Rice...
JEERA RICE RECIPE
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 mins. Drain water completely.
- Heat ghee or oil in a cooker. Add bayleaf, cardamom,cloves, cinnamon,star anise,mace,black pepper and cumin seeds.Saute for 1-2 mins,let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Add sliced onion,green chilli and sauté until it turns light brown.
- Add drained rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, water and stir well. Bring it to a boil and then cover with a lid .Pressure cook for 2 whistles.Once pressure releases, gently fork rice with a spatula or fork.
- Serve hot Jeera rice with veg kurma / peas masala / dal fry / any spicy curry / just pickles.
- If you want you can omit all the whole spices and onion.Just flavor the rice only using jeera.
- Instead of jeera you can use shahi jeera / caraway seeds. That is more flavorful.
- Another method of making it : Pre cook rice.Keep oil in a kadai. Season with the above ingredients. Add salt and precooked rice.Mix everything well. Lastly add little cumin powder.Mix and serve hot.
- If you want you can add few cashew pieces too.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!