KARIBEVU SOPPINA CHUTNEY / CURRY LEAVES CHUTNEY
Today i bring to you a recipe where curry leaves is the hero, ingesting all its good qualities into the dish ..." Curry Leaves Chutney / karibevu Soppina Chutney " . It is quiet simple to make , yummy to taste and the best part is that you can store it in refrigerator for minimum 1 month. They are just perfect to add that zing to any bland food. . All you have to do is mix it into some hot rice and a little ghee or coconut oil and wow, you have one delicious meal to savoir!
This recipe I think my mom learnt from her MIL who in turn learnt from her daughters MIL... Passing you all recipe of vintage traditional South Indian style Curry leaves Chutney.. Those who are short of time, these chutneys are saviors!
CURRY LEAVES CHUTNEY
To grind :
For Tempering :
- Remove the curry leaves from stem and wash them in water .
- In a pan throw curry leaves,coriander seeds,cummin seeds,pepper,red chillies,salt,tamarind and haldi. Add water and cook on medium flame till the curry leaves are cooked.You will notice they would have changed their color.Allow it cool .
- After it gets cooled, transfer the mixture to a mixer. Grind it along with coconut and optional jaggery .
- Adjust salt and tamarind level if required .
- In a kadai ,prepare the tempering.Heat a tablespoon of oil .Add the mustard seeds .When mustard seed starts popping, add garlic pieces and saute till they turn golden brown.Add curry leaves .
- Next transfer the ground chutney mixture to the kadai and stir well. Cook on medium flame for 4-5 mins stirring in between till the chutney gets desired consistency .The final little bit of sauteing and roasting helps in increasing the shelf life of the chutney.
- Done , our Curry leaves chutney is now ready to serve .....
- You can serve this chutney with anything like rice,chapathi,dosa, idli..... I love eating this with steaming hot rice & ghee.Store in airtight container in a fridge.They remain fresh for 1 month.
- Fresh curry leaves are best. If you do not get fresh leaves regularly, buy the curry leaves whenever available in the market, wash it well and separate the leaves from the stem. Spread it in a paper towel, remove moisture and store it in an air tight container.
- In case you dont like garlic flavor, you can replace it with Hing for flavor.
Also see :
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!