KHAMAN DHOKLA CHAAT-LEFTOVER MAKEOVER !!!
Dhokla chaat is a simple chaat recipe made using dhokla.In India,we don’t like to waste food as a result many indian recipes have been developed which is made using leftover food. Dhokla chaat is one such dish which i had prepared for the first time using left over Dhoklas .But now its a regular entry into my kitchen.DH loves his simple just bland dhokla and me relishes it in the chatpata chaat form..You must try it to know what I mean :)))
Till now i haven't met anyone who does not like spicy, sweet and tangy chaats. Chaats are just ment to die for !! And i'm no exception.Yumm!! Its just the thought of all those excessive calories and fat which goes into these delicious snacks that stops me from running to the nearest chaat center and binging on it.Its not that i don't have oily food but I try to avoid taking them very frequently.But i'm glad that ,over the years I have discovered other equally tempting,lip smacking, healthy snacks to munch on.
So next time, you have some left over Dhoklas magically transform to a new avatar and create a left over magic - "Dhokla Chaat " . Even the fresh dhoklas for that matter in this form taste equally good.
Here comes a simple,healthy and tasty recipe :
KHAMAN DHOKLA CHAAT
- I am giving you the ingredients without the quantity.You use according to your preference. There is hard rule for the measurements in this recipe.You just tweak ingredients of your choice
How to Assemble:
- Arrange dhokla pieces in a serving dish.
- Pour yoghurt over it and drizzle it with sweet chutney and green chutney.Sprinkle roasted jeera powder, chaat masala powder and red chilli powder ( optional ) .
- Top it with chopped onions & grated carrot .
- Sprinkle sev generously and serve immediately . I know few more makeovers of left over Dhokla. Would be sharing them with you all next time i prepare it.Till then enjoyy this.I would also be happy to learn from you leftover magics !!!
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!