LADY'S FINGER DOSA / OKRA ( BHINDI ) DOSA / BENDEKAI DOSA
Never in my wildest imagination i had thought that anybody could make dosa out of lady's finger !!! Few months before in a FB group when i first saw these crispy " Lady's Finger Dosa / Bhindi Dosa ".. i was like " What !!! Dosa out of Lady's finger !! How will it taste ?? Will it not be sticky ??!! ". But i was so amazed seeing the okra dosa pic , that i went ahead and bookmarked the recipe as must try. I am glad i did try as i was in for a wonderful surprise... Wow !! The dosas had turned so thin,crispy,flavorful and of course super yummy and easy... Now these Lady's finger have become a regular in my home...
When i tried this dosa 1st time , i was so panicked seeing the dosa batter. It was so so slimy. I was so upset and felt what do i do with this batter now?? To my surprise when i did dosa out of them.. they were so perfect just like any other dosa. My mom and friends too took the recipe from me and tried and were amused by the end result.Everyone just loved them. Do try friends.. i'm sure you too would love it and add it to your breakfast list....It 's also a good way to finish of those few remaining Okras sitting in the fridge. Here we go...
LADY'S FINGER DOSA
- Wash and Soak rice,black gram and methi seeds for 3-5 hours .
- Cut ladys finger to big chunks.
- In a mixer take lady's finger and chilli.Grind them adding little water.Once its crushed, add soaked rice mixture to the bhindi chilli crush and grind all to get a smooth batter.Lastly add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Allow the batter to ferment overnight or for 4-8 hours.
- In the morning,you will see that the batter would have fermented well. Mix well using a laddle. Add water if required.Don't panic seeing the batter gooey. It would be so but you will be able to spread dosa's would come out like normal dosa.
- Heat a tawa. Grease with oil.Pour a laddle full of batter. Make it thick or thin dosa as you wish.Spread it in circular direction if you like thin crispy dosa or spread just a little if you prefer soft thick dosas.Drizzle few drops of oil or ghee around it.Cover and cook on medium flame for abt 1-2 mins.No need to flip over and cook.Once its done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa .
- Fold and serve crispy Lady's finger dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney powder of your choice.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!