MANGO OATS KULFI / OATS ICECREAM - DIABETIC FRIENDLY DESSERT RECIPES
How many of you love Kulfi ? I can hear many "Me ..Me.. " there.. But how many of you avoid eating them these days cause of loads of sugar , khova , condensed milk etc going into it ? Hmm... kulfis are so addictive and tempting ..especially in this summer.. that its difficult to tell no too . But what about the weighing scale ? I am sure like me many of you face this dilemma often . I have some good news ... you needn't resist your Kulfi cravings anymore .. Here's a diabetic friendly , weight watcher's delight , kids friendly " Sugarless Mango Oats Kulfi " . Its creamy , rich , tasty and very very healthy ...
Few days back i saw this oats Kulfi recipe in Food Food's Safolla Fit Foodie program .There chef Vikas Khanna used instant Fruit & Nuts- Cranberry flavor quick cooking oats .Now since Mango is in the season , i thought of using plain quick cooking oats and flavor it up with mango . When i served it to my family , everyone kept guessing the secret ingredient but couldn't succeed .Finally when i revealed that it was made from oats , my hubby was so surprised and ate two extra Kulfis .Do try friends ... you will love these healthy Mango Oats Kulfi ...
MANGO OATS KULFI
- Take oats, cardamom and half the quantity of nuts in a mixer and powder them .
- Puree the chopped mangoes .
- Finely chop remaining nuts . Soak saffron in warm milk.
- Pour the milk in a thick bottomed vessel. Add oats + nuts powder to it . Mix well . Keep the flame on medium heat.
- After 2-3 minutes add jaggery and honey and mix well .
- When the mixture starts to thicken , add mango pulp ,chopped nuts and saffron . Mix everything well . Switch Off and allow to cool .
- Pour it into “Kulfi Moulds” and freeze .
- That's it after 4-6 hours ,unmould mango oats kulfi from the moulds and relish them guilt free. Isn't that cool ... ??
- Instead of plain oats you can use any flavored oats that are available these days .
- Adding mango puree is optional . instead you can make plain kesar pista flavor , saffron flavor or any other fruit flavor .
- If you are not adding mango puree then increse the quantity of jaggery a bit .
- I used quaker oats . you can use any brand that you like
- To unmould the kulfi run th eoutside of the Kulfi mould under tap water for a few seconds and carefully take out
- if you don't have kulfi moulds you can pour it in any air tight box and serve as ice cream .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!