MIXED FRUIT CUSTARD RECIPE / FRUIT SALAD WITH CUSTARD RECIPE
Today i have one of the easiest yet tasty and healthy dessert " Fruit custard / Fruit salad with custard " . Its usually liked by all age groups including kids . I am sure most of you know how to make fruit custard and have been eating it from ages . I usually make them during get together or parties / after festivals when i have to clear off those mixed fruits lying in the pantry / just like that when i have to sneak fruits in kiddos diet . There are two types one can make these custard make which an .. setting time or pouring type. I usually like pouring . Depending on your taste and time availability you care .n make which ever way you prefer . I hope you all enjoy making this simple yet tasty dessert. Here you go...
MIXED FRUIT CUSTARD
- Mix 2 tbsp of custard powder with 1/4 cup of warm milk and make a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Boil 2 1/2 cups of milk , add sugar to it.
- Add the custard paste to the milk and cook stirring continuously on medium flame .Keep stirring else the bottom will get burnt quickly .Cook the mixture until the raw flavour of the custard mixture goes and mixture thickens to a dosa batter consistency ( will take 5-6 minutes ) .Switch off the flame .
- After it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it for 2-3 hours. Once it cools, it will thicken somemore.
- Cut fruits of your choice into small pieces while serving . You can use any seasonal fruits or mixed fruits.
- Before serving, arrange the fruits in a bowl or cup and pour cold custard on top of it . If you want you can garnish it with some tuti fruti / cherry / nuts . Serve Chilled .Enjoy...
- I like my custard to be pouring consistency . However if you like it to be more tick , you can increase the powder quantity .
- You can use any flavor custard powder . usually vanilla flavor is preferred .
- You can add any fruits of your choice . If you don't have mixed fruits .. you can still make it with either apple or banana.
- Always add fruit while serving to the serving bowl only . if you want you can add some raisins too .
- Avoid citrus fruits and melons.
- You can omit sugar and make your custard more healthy by adding honey .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!