MOOLANGI MOSARU GOJJU / MOOLI RAITA / RADISH IN SPICED YOGHURT
Today i shall be sharing a simple post which is a no recipe just one of those easy breezy dish ,yep its " Mooli / Radish Raita ". Raita is a simple yogurt-based sauce that can be served with almost any Indian meal or can be relished just by itself. Its a comfort food as it balances out the heat and spice from the rest of the food and aids digestion. Raita is one of my favorite foods and I love its versatility. You can make it with many vegetables – cucumber, tomato, potato, onion, etc .It is one of those quick side dishes from leftover vegetables lying in your fridge.
Todays pick of veggie for raita is radish.Radish is very good of health as it:helps in curing - jaundice,piles,Urinary Disorders,aids digestion,assists weight loss, natural cooler,etc .You can see more of its health benefits here .But unfortunately,Radish is a vegetable which many people hate due to its strong smell And, im super confident that all the 'Radish-Haters' will be surprised after tasting this raita and would tell "The smelly and stinking radish, never smelled and tasted this good before!!! "
- Wash ,peel and grate radish.Keep aside.
- Take radish and onions in a mixing bowl.Add curd and whisk well.
- Prepare a tempering.Heat oil. When its hot add mustard and cumin seeds. When it crackles add curry leaves and chopped green chilli and fry for half a minute or so.Switch off.
- Transfer tempering to raita.Add salt ,coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve this creamy Mooli Raita chilled or as it is with plain or flavored rice or with any Indian flat bread, and enjoyy !!Quite Easy isn't it !!!??
- Mooli raita tastes great when radish is fresh and tender.
- If required add more curd and adjust the desired consistency .
- Add salt to the raita just before serving them . Else the radish will leave lot of water and make raita watery.
- You can also add chopped tomatoes to it.
- In case you still smell radish, you can just fry radish and onion little (till raw smell goes ) and later add to yoghurt . But i strongly recommend to try my version as raw radish is very healthy n also this raita would taste really good.
- The above recipe is south indian style raita. You can add a pinch of jeera powder,red chilli powder ,chat masala & black salt to above raita to make it in the north indian style
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!