MULTIGRAIN FLAX SEED SAVORY CRACKERS RECIPE / MULTIGRAIN BAKED NIPATTU
Looking for some low cal snacks to munch between your meals ,to mute those hunger pangs.Looking for some healthy tea time snacks to binge without feeling guilty ? Here comes " Flaxseed Multigrain Crackers / Multi Grain baked Nippattu " to your rescue. Its super healthy, guiltfree , very tasty and easy too . With multi grains , flax seeds, sesame and herbs ...we can actually feel good that we are indulging in healthy stuff.
After many successful attempts with my iyengar bakery style nippattu , i wanted to try some other type of crackers . While blog hopping ,I stumbled upon this recipe. Any healthy recipes surely attracts me and this Multigrains crackers was one such. I tweaked it a bit to alter our taste and was so happy with the outcome. Go ahead friends .. do give a try and be prepared to get accolades ..
SAVORY MULTIGRAIN CRACKERS
- Slightly roast white sesame seeds till they start cracking .
- Roast flax seeds.Roast till you hear the popping sound reduce.Transfer the flax seeds to a separate plate.
- Powder flax seeds once they are nicely cooled .
- To a big mixing bowl add all flours , roasted sesame seeds , powdered flax, salt and chopped chilli - coriander - curry leaves .
- Add oil and mix everything nicely with your finger tips to form bread crumb like texture .
- Next , to that add water in steps , combine everything together to form a dough . Don't add whole water together as required water quantity may vary little depending on flour quality .
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 8-10 mins.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Dust the slab and roll each portion into a big circle thicker than the roti. While rolling edges may break . Try sealing them with your fingers and roll .
- Using a cookie cutter or any lid cut them into your desired shape and size.
- Slowly lift them and arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper sheet and bake it for around 15- 25 mins at 160 deg C.Keep an eye after 15 mins . Remove them if you see the edges turning red in color . Refer Note 4 .
- Once done, place them on a cooling rack to cool . They become more crispier once they cool down.
- That's it .. crispy yummy healthy flaxseed multigrain crackers is all yours. Store in air tight containers . Stays crisp for atleat 15-20 days .
- You can use flours of your choice and alter the recipe accordingly.
- Making a stiff yet soft dough is very important . Else the nipattus will not become crisp . So be careful while adding water .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!