MUSHROOM TIKKA RECIPE / TANDOORI MUSHROOM / GRILLED MUSHROOM RECIPE
MUSHROOM TIKKA RECIPE
Fo Marination :
- Clean , wash and dry mushrooms . Cut the stems and retain only top round part . Stems can be used for something else .
- Cut large cubes of onion, capsicum and tomato. ( deseed capsicum and tomato )
- Roast besan on medium flame till they are aromatic and raw smell goes.
- Take all the ingredients listed under "marination" into a bowl.
- Throw mushrooms,capsicum,tomato and onion in the marination .
- Mix the veggies in the marination such that they get well coated . Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs . You can keep for more time also . no problem
- After the marination time is over you will see that the mushrooms would have left water . Don't worry .. if you want you can sprinkle little roasted gram flour or proceed as such .
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 c in grill / broil mode .
- Take wooden skewers and skew to it marinated mushrooms and veggies alternatively one by one. If you are using wooden skewers , soak it in water for 30 mins and then use else they will get burnt while grilling .
- Place the skewers with veggies on the baking tray covered with aluminum foil .
- Keep the tray in top rack and grill for 15-18 mins. In between once brush them with melted butter or oil and turn other side .
- Tandoori Mushroom / Mushroom Tikka is ready .Serve it hot with Mint-Coriander Chutney ( Green Chutney ) , Some onion rings and a piece of lime.
- If you don't have oven.. you can grill the marinated veggies on tawa too . Roast them on tawa as individual pieces . Once they get crispy , prick them to tooth pick and serve with Green Chutney and onion rings.
- You can omit adding gram flour in the marination step . Instead it can be added later . This will help in absorbing water that has come out after marination .
- If you are using wooden skewers .. don't forget to soak them in water for sometime and then use. This will prevent the sticks from burning.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !! Love ~Smitha