OATS DOSA RECIPE / INSTANT OATS DOSA RECIPE - INDIAN OATS RECIPE
Today's recipe is a fulfilling healthy dish that is loaded with fibre ,high on nutrition and low on calories..a perfect choice for all those who are looking for a healthy wholesome quick breakfast recipe. That's Instant Oats Dosa . Crispy and crunchy they are perfect when you want to fix something quick . Addition of spices , chillies , onions makes it more flavourful and yummy...
I am not a big fan of oats. Oats are known for their health benefits because of its dietary fibers, iron and cholesterol reducing agents. After knowing that they have so many health benefits and is good for weight loss i started including oats in my diet from past few years. I can't eat oats with milk and fruits .Over the years i have accepted oats in few dishes like Oats upma , oats dosa , oats idli etc one such. making of oats dosa is almost like rava dosa and hardly people can know that it has oats in it . So lets now see how to make crispy oats dosa ... are you ready ?? Here you go...
- Dry roast oats evenly in a pan or kadai such that they are aromatic and slightly brown in color. Take care not to burn it, keep aside.
- After they are cooled , transfer oats to a mixer and grind to powder .
- Add sooji , rice flour , jeera and pepper to oats powder and pulse them 2-3 times so that they all blend together nicely and jeera - pepper crushes a bit .
- Transfer the pulsed oats dosa flour mix to a mixing bowl . You can store this mix in an air tight container too and use it as and when required .
- To the dry oats dosa flour mix add coriander leaves, curry leaves , chilli , ginger and salt .Don't add onion .
- Add buttermilk / curd + water to the flour . Mix everything well such that there are no lumps .
- Add adequate water to the oats dosa mix and check the consistency . The batter should be thin like that of rava dosa batter.Let the dough sit for 5-10 mins.
- Heat a tawa or nonstick pan. When the tawa is hot , rub it with a drop of oil using an onion piece. Sprinkle onion pieces .
- To the hot tawa pour a ladle full of ragi dosa batter in circular motion.Start pouring the batter from the outside rim of tawa to inwards center of tawa. As the batter is thin ,it will become lacy .( The method of pouring this dosa is similar to rava dosa) .Smear a few drops of oil around the dosa.
- Lid the pan and cook it on a medium flame.Cook till bottom side starts to turn golden brown.Once it becomes crisp ,just fold and serve . No need to flip .
- Remove from tawa and serve hot Oats dosa with chutney / chutney powder or sambar.
- You can add any other veggie too to this like grated carrots / finely chopped capsicum etc.
- If you are a beginner you could find it little difficult to make thin crisp dosas. Also it could happen that you are finding it little difficult to remove dosa from the tawa. Those people can start with making the batter not too thin. That way dosas wont come thin and crisp . It will be soft and easy to handle. Don't worry once you start getting a hold on it you can stat making the batter more thin and relish crispy crunchy dosas.
- If using iron tawa , pour the dough when it is very hot . You will get nice lace texture. If using non stick tawa, pour when medium hot . And for both cook in medium low flame . that way they will become crisp.
- Rubbing onion to the hot tawa imparts nice flavor to the dosa as well prevents dosa from sticking to the tawa. This tip holds good while making any dosa.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!