PEAS PULAO / PEAS PULAV (PILAF) / MATAR PULAO
Today's post is dedicated to all the busy bees who want to cook something fancy,delicious yet simple and quick. Here's " Peas Pulav ( Pulao) / Matar Pulao " -- A quickie ,yummy and one of the most simplest one pot meal . A perfect kid friendly as well crowd pleaser and yes apt to carry in lunch box too . And should i need to mention that its one of my childhood favorites too ...
I buy green peas in winter in a bulk and freeze it to use throughout the year.So when ever i run out of time or vegetables or when guests are just a knock away from the door and i don't have anytime to chop veggies, the first thing that strikes me is this peas pulao.This pulao can be made with fresh or frozen peas but not with dried peas.The end result would taste just like you would get in restaurants. Are you ready to make a note of easiest quickest no grind one pot meal ? Here you go....
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 mins. Drain water completely.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee together. Once its hot, add cumin seed,bay leaf ,star anise,mace,cloves,cinnamon and cardamom .
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add onion ,green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry nicely till onion turns golden brown in color.
- Next Add green peas and kasoori methi or pudina. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add rice and fry well for 2-3 mins .This will help in bringing out nice aroma from the rice.
- Add hot water and salt to the rice mixture. Mix well. Once the water starts boiling,add coriander leaves and close the lid and keep the flame to medium . Cook for 1-2 whistles and switch off the flame.** ref Notes 2 .
- Once the pressure releases,gently fluff it up using a fork.Serve the delicious Peas Pulav hot hot with any raita of you choice or veg kurma.
- Basmati Rice to water ratio i follow is 1: 2 . If using normal rice you can maintain 1 : 2 1/2 ratio.If you are using basmati rice ,cook for 1 whistle , keep on sim for abt 5-8 mins. Switch off. For normal rice , cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.Basmati rice will cook quickly.
- Instead of green peas you can also add corn / hyacinth beans / mixed veggies like carrot ,beans etc.If you want you can add soaked soya chunks ( nuggets ) too. Add it along with kasoori methi and peas and saute for few mins.
- For additional flavor if you want you can add a tsp of garam masala / biriyani masala powder just before adding water.
- Another method of doing this pulao , is cook rice separately and later mixing it to the bhaji.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!