PUDINA RASAM / MINT RASAM - MINT LEAVES RECIPES
I know Diwali is just off the corner .. and many of you might be fighting that guilt of over indulgance / suffering from indigestion / craving for some simple comfort food after all those festive treats . So today i have for you all an easy peesy flavorful " Pudina Rasam / Mint Leaves Rasam " a great dish to tickle your taste buds and an excellent home remedy for indigestion vows . Fight those post Diwali blues , Relish piping hot pudina rasam with hot rice or sip it as a soup in a glass ...whichever way you opt..you'l surely enjoy this flavorful refreshing rasam ..
To Roast and Powder ( Masala )
- Clean , wash and finely chop mint leaves .
- Finely chop tomatoes . Soak tamarind in warm water . Extract its pulp. .
- Wash the toor dal ,add turmeric and cook for 3 - 4 whistles with 2 cup of water. Mash the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Transfer chopped pudina and tomato ( optional ) into the cooking vessel . Add some water and keep to boil.Let the flame be medium .
- Meanwhile,add a tsp of oil to a small kadai and add all the ingredients mentioned under to roast and grind . Fry till dal gets golden brown and chillies are crisp .
- Once the spices comes to room temperature , powder them in a mixer .
- Once tomatoes are half cooked , add cooked dal , tamarind pulp , salt and powdered masala to it . Add water depending on your prefferred choice of consistency . Mix well .
- Allow the rasam to boil well on medium flame . taste test .
- Once the rasam gets boiled nicely , switch off . Prepare a tempering . Heat a tsp of ghee, add mustard seeds and garlic pieces.When mustard splutters and garlic turns light brown , add curry leaves and switch off. Pour it over the rasam.Garnish with pudina leaves if you want.
- Serve piping hot Pudina Rasam with hot steaming rice or sip it as a soup or as a yummy tonic for your indigestion / cold & cough.
- Tomatoes and garlic are purely optional . Instead of garlic if you want you can add hing or make just plain if you want only mint flavour .
- if you want you can skip adding cooked tuvar dal and make it more thin .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!