RAGI DOSA / FINGERMILLET CREPES - FERMENTED METHOD
Growing up i had got a very close insight of diabetics through my grandmother.Poor mom used to prepare for her diabetic friendly dishes, but granny used to get angry.Finally mom learnt many dishes,which we all could relish along with granny.Ragi Dosa is one such dish.There are two variations,the instant ones and the other fermented Ragi dosa.Today i'll post the fermented method of making Ragi dosa in memory of my granny which she used to love when compared to the instant ones.Easy to make,yummy to taste and very crispy crunchy.
FERMENTED RAGI DOSA
- Soak the Urad Dal and fenugreek seeds for at least four hours. Then grind it into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the Ragi flour and salt.Mix well so that there are no lumps Set it in a warm place to ferment overnight
- Morning due to fermentation the volume of the batter would have increased.Add water if required to get dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa, take a ladle of ragi dosa batter and spread it in circular motion. Drizzle little oil around the dosa. Depending on your liking ,you can spread thin like paper dosa or do like uttappa.I normally do thin dosas.
- Once it gets cooked, flip it and Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar or chutney powder or any chutney. This dosa will be crisp yet soft and delicious.
Im sure your family will love these Crispy Ragi dosas at their breakfast or dinner, will post the instant ones soon :)
- As a variation you can top these dosas with grated panner / grated cheese / chopped onions /capsicum / potato stuffing ( like masala dosa)
- while making next dosa rub the tawa with a cut onion disc . This will help in removing the dosa easily.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you share it in Facebook or Twitter or Google+ circles. All it takes is a simple click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post.Thank you!