RAGI SEVAI / RAGI SEMIYA / FINGERMILLET VERMICELLI UPMA - INSTANT !!
After i posted the recipe for Instant Lemon sevai , i got many requests to share few more breakfast recipes that can be put together in a jiffy making it apt for busy mornings .As a reply to all those requests , i share today one of the easiest,healthy and heart filling dish " Ragi shavige / Ragi Semiya Upma " made from instant ragi vermicelli .I assure,even a beginner can make this dish within 20 mins.
We all are aware that ragi (fingermillet ) is a powerhouse of nutrients.Its oneof the most recommended grain for a healthy living. Its also a buddy for diabetic patients and weight watchers.I incorporate ragi in my dishes in number of ways and happy that everyone likes it in my home including the kids (though the dishes made from ragi are not visually appealing ).I have already shared the recipe for Ragi Rotti and Ragi Dosa .Stay tuned for some more...
Ragi semiya can be made in no of ways . Today i'll share the simplest savory ones,made from very few ingredients, apt for perfect breakfast or light dinner.Im sure after seeing this recipe, you'l rush to the nearest grocery shop to get hold of these instant Ragi vermicelli..
- Soak ragi semiya in enough water for 2 mins.Drain water properly.
- Steam cook ragi semiya in a steamer / idli stand for about 3-5 mins as per package instructions.Spread and keep it aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan ,season with mustard seeds,urad dal,chana dal,jeera and peanuts.When it splutters add curry leaves,onion,green chilli. Saute till translucent .
- Finally add cooked ragi semiya and salt,saute for few seconds,garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.Switch off.Add lemon juice .Mix gently.
- Thats it Ragi semiya upma is ready .Serve hot as such or with coconut chutney .
- You can add some veggies too to this upma like beans,carrot,green peas etc.
- To cook ragi semiya, follow the instruction as per packet properly.Else it will get mushy.
- The brands of instant ragi vermicelli that im aware of are anil,concorde,manna.. I usually use Anil brand. N im happy with the result.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!