RAVA CORN DHOKLA / INSTANT CORN DHOKLA / STEAMED SAVORY CORN CAKES
I love Gujrathi snacks as most of them are low in cal.A couple of months back i won a Tarla Dalal book in an event which was filled with many such low cal Gujrathi yummies . I' ve been trying many recipes from it and each ones turning out to be " super se duper " hit at my place. Today i'll share one such recipe from the book , that's " Makai Dhokla / Corn dhokla " . Best part of this dish is that they are healthy as well as delicious. Have them for your breakfast or munch it as snack or pack it off for lunchbox.
My DH is a huge fan of dhoklas.There are many types of dhoklas like Khaman dhokla,katta dhokla,sooji dhokla,moong dhokla,matar dhokla etc. I've already shared recipe for Khaman dhokla and over the time will share few more. Today's corn dhokla unlike traditional dhokla does'nt require any fermentation.Yes these are the quick and instant ones.Sweet corn and rava blend together to make a mouth watering snack in minutes.Steamed and almost oil free, these dishes are like a treat for people on diet.Do try these healthy corn dhoklas and relish without worrying about your waistline...Here it goes..
RAVA CORN DHOKLA
For Tempering :
- Combine corn, green chillies , ginger and curd .Blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste .
- Transfer corn chilli paste to a big bowl.To that add rava .Mix well such that no lumps are formed .
- Add salt ,turmeric and 1/2 cup of water . Mix well . Corn rava dhokla batter is ready.
- Next,keep a pressure cooker / steamer for heating with enough water in the bottom.
- Grease a deep,flat and wide container with oil (I used the cooker container ). Also dust it little with Eno.
- When the water in the steamer starts boiling, add the eno and lime juice to the batter and mix gently, you will see bubbles coming out.
- Then immediately pour the batter to the container until it is 2/3 full. Remember after the dhoklas are steamed they will puff up.Place the container inside the steamer .Steam cook for 15- 20 mins or till the dhoklas are cooked .( Check pricking with knife or toothpick ; it should come clean ).
- Cool slightly ,de mould and cut into squares .
- Prepare tempering. When the oil is hot , add mustard seeds.When they splutter, add hing , mix well and switch off.Pour this tempering on the dhokla , garnish with corn and coriander leaves .
- That's it.. relish the corn rava dhokla with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!