My kids love corn !! As you all know i have shared many corn based recipes here like cup o corn , corn canapes , corn cutlet etc . Today i have another favorite snack from corn which i am sure is a favorite for most of the kids . Guess why ? Not just corn .. it has cheese too in it ? Yumm… sounds cheesy isn’t it ? Not just the kids .. these ” Cheese Corn Balls ” are a big big hit in partys as appetizer . Crispy from outside , soft from inside .. they not only are very delicious but also has a cute appeal to the eyes . And what about the complexity ? Trust me… they are so so simple and the final result is nothing less than gourmet dish . The best part is you can make all the initial prep, store in fridge and deep fry within minutes whenever required and enjoy hot .So are you ready for the cheesy treat Make them for your next party and be ready to receive accolades over these simple deep fried goodies !!
CHEESE CORN BALLS
Crispy from outside , soft from inside ... yummy starter made from Corn and cheese
Wash and boil the potatoes in a cooker till soft.Peel and mash them well.
Cook corn with little water and salt for 2-3 whistles or till they are soft . Drain the water completely .
Pulse corn , garlic and chilli in a mixer . You need not make a smooth paste , just coarse is enough.
Transfer the corn mix to a mixing bowl . To that add mashed potatoes , grated cheese , maida , corn flour , salt , pepper powder ,oregano and garam masala powder .
Mix everything well and form a thick dough .
Shape them into balls and arrange them in a plate .
In a small bowl , mix 2tbsp maida or corn flour with 2 to 3 tbsp of water such that no lumps are formed . The batter should not be too thick . In another plate spread breadcrumbs.
Dip balls in maida/ cornflour mix to coat all sides and then coat it with bread crumbs well, Repeat same for rest .
Keep the balls covered in refrigerator for 30 mins / more to firm them . You can finish cheese corn balls preparation till here and refrigerate and fry fresh when you are about to serve .This way you can serve hot n fresh when kids /guests arrive
Keep oil to deep fry in a kadai / deep pan . Once oil is hot, keep the flame on medium and deep fry the balls until golden brown from all side. Place the cheese corn balls over absorbent napkin to drain excess oil .
Serve cheese corn balls hot with ketchup / green chutney .
- Take care that potatoes while boiling don't absorb excess water . If they do , after cooking place the potatoes on tissue paper so that excess water goes . Similarly make sure that you drain excess water from corn too .
- If you want you can add any other mixed veggies too .
- The dough shouldn't be too thick because after frying, the balls will become hard.If the dough is gooey then it will disintegrate in oil and will not hold its shape while frying . Therefore take care of dough consistency.
- You can alter the flavor as per your choice . you can add chilli powder / coriander leaves / omit oregano etc.
- Do not deep fry in high heat because the balls will get browned from outside and but inside will be uncooked .