SOYA CHUNKS GRAVY / MEAL MAKER KURMA / SOYA CHUNKS CURRY
Isn't preparing different side dish for roti or phulka everyday a big head ache job ?? For me it is.. That too if there is no proper veggie in stock . I'm sure many of you can relate to my scenario. So today i have for you all a quickie and yummy curry that's simple ,uncomplicated and so so healthy .Yes very healthy because the hero of this gravy is Soya Chunks . If you are a vegetarian and vegan and looking out for some delicious ways to incorporate protein in your diet here's " Soya Chunks Kurma / Soya Nuggets Gravy " , just for you !!
Soya nuggets ( also know as meal maker / soya chunks) has protein content equal to that of meat. They are odourless ,tasteless spongy and easy to cook.They also easily absorb any flavors that you cook them with.Considering the health benefits it offers, I make it a point to include it in our diet often. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, try it out ..
SOYA CHUNKS GRAVY / MEAL MAKER KURMA
- Boil water with milk.Add soya chunks and cook them for 3-5mins. Switch off and let it rest for 15mins. Later drain water and wash it in running water for 1-2 times to get rid of the raw soya smell.
- Drain out extra water .
- In a pan /kadai heat oil - add onion, tomato , ginger and garlic.Saute till raw smell goes.Let it cool down .
- In a mixer , grind fried chutney dal ,fennel along with sauted onion tomato. Keep aside.
- Again heat oil .Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Let cumin seeds splutter.Add onion and saute till slightly browned.
- Next add the tomato paste and saute well for about 4-5 mins or till raw smell goes and color changes.
- Then add haldi,chilli powder,red chilli powder,dhania powder,kasoori methi and salt.Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add drained soya chunks to it.
- Add some water to get the desired consistency.Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium high flame.
- Once pressure releases, open add garam masala and coriander leaves.Boil for 1-2 mins .
- Serve hot Soya Chunks kurma with chapathi/ phulka / naan /poori/ any other roti.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!