SPINACH CHUTNEY / PALAK CHUTNEY
I make palak chutney in 2 ways and this spinach chutney method is almost similar to that of carrot chutney , beetroot chutney , taro leaves chutney that i have posted before here . So as the name says .. in this recipe spinach is the hero . Do give a try and i am sure you will love this palak chutney. All you have to do is mix it into some hot rice and a little ghee or coconut oil and wow, you have one delicious meal to savoir !! Here you go.....
PALAK CHUTNEY / SPINACH CHUTNEY
- Clean,wash and roughly chop palak leaves ( you can retain stems too ) .
- Next blanch the spinach.Boil water in a big vessel and add cleaned spinach .Allow it in hot water for 1 min.Strain the spinach(don't discard the water,can be used for something )
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add urad dal ,chana dal ,hing & red chillies fry till dal turns golden. Turn off the heat, add coconut & let it cool completely.
- Transfer the fried masala, cooked leaves ,jaggery ,tamarind ,haldi and salt to a mixer / blender. Grind to a smooth paste.Taste test .
- Prepare the tempering .Heat oil in a small pan. When oil is hot, add mustard,garlic and curry leaves. Fry it until garlic turns golden brown. Now add grounded chutney to this.Bring a boil by stirring in between .
- Serve Spinach chutney with hot steamed rice / idli / dosa ..Stays good for 3-4 days in fridge .
- If you don't want garlic you can replace it with hing.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!