STUFFED CABBAGE PARATHA RECIPE / PATTA GOBI PARATHA
Paratha's are anytime favorite for me .. i'm sure for most of us too . They are an excellent and quick option for breakfast, lunch and dinner .They are very filling and there are tons of options for filling and flavours. Every paratha has its own distinct taste .Another best thing abouth them is that they do not need any side dish, just some plain curd and pickle is enough. As of now i have shared with you all Mooli Paratha , Aloo Paratha, Onion Paratha, Paneer Paratha and Gobi Paratha and today it's these delicious " Cabbage Paratha or Patta Gobi Paratha " .It's simple , easy , quick and healthy. Even if you don't like cabbage , i am sure you will love these parathas . Go ahead and try these Cabbage Parathas.. they are sure to win everyone's heart..
There are two ways cabbage parathas can be made. one method is adding finely chopped cabbage and spices to the flour and kneading them together.This is the easiest method. In the second method , cabbage mixed with spices is stuffed and rolled to make paratha . Though both ways the parathas taste good ... my personal favorite is the stuffed version .So will share here the same . Here you go ...
STUFFED CABBAGE PARATHA RECIPE
For The chapathi dough:
For the Stuffing :
- In a wide mixing bowl take wheat flour, salt and ghee. Mix it with your fingers ,then add little by little water, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Knead it well.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest covered for at least 30mins.
To prepare Dough :
To prepare stuffing :
- Finely chop or grate cabbage.I use food processor chopper . Similarly finely chop onion . Gently squeeze to remove if any extra moisture .This is optional .
- To the chopped cabbage add finely chopped onion , green chilli, grated ginger ,coriander leaves ,coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder, aamchoor haldi and chilli powder.Don't add salt . Else it will leave water . We can add salt later while doing paratha .
- Mix nicely and our stuffing for cabbage paratha is ready .
To prepare Parathas:
- Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
- To dust use maida /wheat flour and roll them to thick small circles.Thick at center, thin at edges.Keep 1-2 tbsp of stuffing in the center, sprinkle a big pinch of salt ,lightly mix and seal it up nicely by pulling all the edges to the center as shown in the pic.Repeat the same with all the dough and stuffing.
- With the help of dry flour, roll the parathas into thick or thin discs as per your preference .
- Heat a griddle, transfer the paratha on to griddle carefully and cook them on both sides by drizzling oil/ghee/butter.cook till both the sides has golden spots
- Soft,delicious,hot Cabbage parathas are ready to serve.Enjoy them hot with pickle and / plain curd / raita ...
- It is important that always the stuffing for parathas should be dry. Else liquid will ooze out while rolling
- Keeping the inner stuffing ball little smaller helps in easier rolling.
- While rolling for the first time don't give more pressure in the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center.Roll very gently and dust the flour as reqd.Centre be little thick and edges little thin.
- If you are a beginner, start preparing parathas with little quantity of filling and gradually increase the stuffing.
- If you are not too confident managing with the stuffed version , just mixing the stuffing with wheat flour while preparing the dough and roll it as you do for roti /chapathi.
- Below is a comparatively easier method for beginners, to make mess free parathas.make small equal sized balls from dough. Roll out small round rotis from it.
Keep 2 teaspoons of stuffing in the center .Place another similar size of roti over it. Press the edges properly. ( like a sandwich )
slightly roll the rolling pin over the paratha and make it to the desired size and thickness.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!