STUFFED CHILLI BAJJI RECIPE / ANDHRA CUT MIRCHI BAJJI /MIRAPAKAYA BAJJI
What do you associate with monsoon ? Hmm .. Aroma of wet mud , tip tip sound of raindrops falling from the sky , sleeping lazily , Colorful umbrellas and rain coats , greenery , paper boat etc etc and .... Any guesses wat's the top answer is ....?? Yes, Sipping a hot cup of chai with some super hot pakoras paired along . Aah !! nothing can beat it right ?? So today i have for you all a garma garam, chat pata and theeka Andhra style Mirchi Pakoda. This Stuffed chilli bajji is a famous street of Andhra and called locally as " Cut Mirchi / Mirapakaya Bajji " Its super spicy , yummilicious and highly addictive !! Perfect for this season..forget your weighing scale once in a while and sit back and Enjoy !!!
There are many ways one can do stuffed chilli bajji , as i said before this is Andhra style. I didn't know about Cut mirchi at all till one day my friend asked me to share it here.I have posted plain mirchi bajji before but this was new to me . Just googling and staring at its pic made me drool and crave for it badly . And finally when i tried ..Wow !! THAT TASTED JUST AWESOME !!! Super duper hit in my home , with my guests and friends. I thanked my friend for introducing me to a new dish . I you too love spicy food .
Do try this recipe for sure and make your monsoon more delicious.... Here you go :
ANDHRA CUT MIRCHI BAJJI RECIPE
For the stuffing
For the bajji batter
- Transfer all the ingredients mentioned under “for stuffing” and grind them to little coarse paste.Check for taste and add more chilli powder/ salt if needed.
- Slit the green chillies vertically retaining their stem and deseed them . Don't cut them fully.
- Stuff the chillies nicely and evenly such that the stufing is uniformly distributed through out .Arrange them on a plate
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix besan,rice flour,jeera,haldi,chilly powder,soda and salt. Add water little by little.Mix such that no lumps are formed. Batter should be slightly thicker than dosa batter consistency.Add hot oil to the batter and mix well.
- In a deep pan / kadai , heat enough oil to deep fry the bajjis.
- When the oil is hot ,Dip stuffed chilli into the batter and drop carefully in to hot oil.
- Cook both sides until golden brown and crisp .Once done transfer the bajjis on a absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- If you want you can stop at this stage and relish your stuffed mirchi bajji hot garnished with onion , coriander etc !! But to get actual andhra cut mirchi bajji taste , i recommend to control your craving and proceed to next step ....
- Cut each of fried chillis into 1 inch long pieces.
- Deep fry them again in medium hot oil until they turn crispy .Drain them again on paper towels.
- To serve : Finely chop onions & coriander leaves .Sprinkle some salt and few drops of lemon juice on it .Mix well. Top the double fried chilli bajji with onion mix. Sprinkle a pinch of red chilli , chat masala . And serve immediately .
- If you want you can add jeera to the batter instead of ajwain .
- In the above , i have used rice flour to make the bajjis little crisp.You can also add cornflour instead of that.
- The batter should be right consistency.Too thin, will absorb lot of oil, if thick it will not cook properly.
- Cook in medium flame to ensure the bajjis get cooked inside.Also to make it crispy.
- To check the readiness of the oil, drop a small drop of batter to the oil. If the batter raises above the oil in a couple of seconds, the oil is hot enough to drop in the chillis.