SUN DRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE SUNDRIED ALOO CHIPS
Hmm, much to my disappointment before i could share all the sun dried stuff i did this year , rain is already in Bangalore !! Though past few weeks i shared many varieties ..i still have another 2-3 recipes to share . Was thinking if i should keep them in draft and wait for summer next year ,later felt let me post . After all readers of Cook with Smile are not just from Bangalore but all over the world. So friends , if you have Sun still in your region , do try these sun dried Potato Chips .. one of easiest stuff any one can make. You just need some nice efficient slicer and half your work is done. Slice potatoes uniformly , blanch it , dry it and deep fry it whenever you want !! And the best part is flavor up your potato chips with your favorite spice blend. I remember when i was small, during summer my mom always used to make this potato chips in bulk and fry them and give whenever i asked for potato chips .So are you ready to make a note ( oops.. i know nothing to note , just glance method ) .. here you go..
SUNDRIED POTATO CHIPS
- Wash and peel potato skin. Put it in a big pot having normal water . This will prevent potatoes from getting black .
- With the the help of chips slicer start making thin slices.Keep soaking all the potato slices in the water filled pot .
- To get crisscross pattern , follow this procedure .
- Slice a chip holding potato horizontally. Apply slight pressure on it.
- Then for the next chips, rotate and hold the potato vertical and make the next slice .
- Again next slice , rotate and slice it in horizontal position .. Next rotate and vertical . So keep changing the direction you hold the potato after every slice.Keep soaking all the potato slices in the water filled pot .
- Once all the slices are done , allow them to sit in water for 30 mins.
- Later change water and wash it in regular water once or twice to remove extra starch .You will see that with each rinse water is getting clearer.
- Boil enough water in a big pan and add some salt and a pinch of cooking soda.
- Drain the blanched potato chips over a colander to drain all the water.
- When water starts to boil add the drained potatoes in it.Keep stirring gently for about 1-2 mins .
- Spread hot chips on a muslin cloth / plastic sheet in a single layer,avoid overlapping.Let it sun dry in hot sun for 2-3 days till fully crisp.
- When they become dry and crisp store in a air tight jar and use till they last.
- When required , just deep fry them and sprinkle little salt chilli powde if you want . Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Enjoy !!
- Try to choose white , big size potatoes to make chips.
- Dont forget keep the potatoes immersed in water and rinse it nicely 2-3 times .
- Dont blanch the potatoes for more than 3-4 mins .
- If you are finding difficult to give criss cross shape , just shape it off.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!