SWEET DIAMOND CUTS / SWEET SHANKARPALI / MAIDA BISCUITS
After i posted Spicy Shankarpali few days before , many people requested to post Sweet version of it. As promised , I am sharing with you all today , recipe for " Sweet Shankarpali / Sweet Diamond Cuts / Diamond Biscuits " . They are also called as " Sweet thukkadi ( thukkada ) / Maida Biscuits ". Crispy , flaky and mildly sweet , they are indeed very addictive that one just can't stop munching them . These are usually common during Diwali as they are very easy to make , easy to distribute and usually everyone's favorite . I am sure most of us would have grown eating it . Now you too can make it in your kitchen and surprise your Mom and kids.. its really very easy ... Do try this easy sweet cum snack recipe.. Here you go....
- In a mixing bowl take maida ,butter , crushed saunf ( If using ) salt and sugar powder and mix well with your finger such that it will become like breadcrumb.
- Add water little by little to make a smooth tough dough . Knead well .Set Aside for 30 mins- 1 hour .
- After the sitting time is over , take the dough and beat the dough nicely with the roller . More you knead , better the result .
- Divide the dough to equal parts.
- Dust and roll out each ball into thick circular chapathi. Remember not to roll chapthi thin . It should be THICK .
- Using a pizza cutter or shankar pali cutter or knife , cut chapathi to diamond pieces as shown in picture . Separate them little.
- Heat oil for deep frying .Check the readiness .Drop a small piece of dough into oil .If it rises immediately , oil temperature is right.Drop the cut diamonds into oil.Keep the flame on medium low and Fry till they are crisp.Turn in between
- Remove in a tissue paper and Store in an air tight box after it cools down completely
- Instead of Maida you can use wheat flour or half and half of wheat and maida flour .
- Don't make too soft dough .It should be just soft and pliable. Else shankarpali will turn soft .
- Oil should not be over hot . This will make the shankarpali brown as soon it is put in oil but not crisp.
- Fry in low medium flame only. This will give crisp shankarpali.
- Dont overcrowd . fry in batches .
- If you want you can flavor the shankarpali with little cardamom powder / essence / make it plain .
Thanks for reading the post....please drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!