After i posted Spicy Shankarpali few days before , many people requested to post Sweet version of it. As promised , I am sharing with you all today , recipe for ” Sweet Shankarpali / Sweet Diamond Cuts / Diamond Biscuits ” . They are also called as ” Sweet thukkadi ( thukkada ) / Maida Biscuits “. Crispy , flaky and mildly sweet , they are indeed very addictive that one just can’t stop munching them . These are usually common during Diwali as they are very easy to make , easy to distribute and usually everyone’s favorite . I am sure most of us would have grown eating it . Now you too can make it in your kitchen and surprise your Mom and kids.. its really very easy … Do try this easy sweet cum snack recipe.. Here you go….
Print Recipe SWEET SHANKARPALI Yum
In a mixing bowl take maida ,butter , crushed saunf ( If using ) salt and sugar powder and mix well with your finger such that it will become like breadcrumb.
Add water little by little to make a smooth tough dough . Knead well .Set Aside for 30 mins- 1 hour .
After the sitting time is over , take the dough and beat the dough nicely with the roller . More you knead , better the result .
Divide the dough to equal parts.
Dust and roll out each ball into thick circular chapathi. Remember not to roll chapthi thin . It should be THICK .
Using a pizza cutter or shankar pali cutter or knife , cut chapathi to diamond pieces as shown in picture . Separate them little.
Heat oil for deep frying .Check the readiness .Drop a small piece of dough into oil .If it rises immediately , oil temperature is right.Drop the cut diamonds into oil.Keep the flame on medium low and Fry till they are crisp.Turn in between
Remove in a tissue paper and Store in an air tight box after it cools down completely
- Instead of Maida you can use wheat flour or half and half of wheat and maida flour .
- Don't make too soft dough .It should be just soft and pliable. Else shankarpali will turn soft .
- Oil should not be over hot . This will make the shankarpali brown as soon it is put in oil but not crisp.
- Fry in low medium flame only. This will give crisp shankarpali.
- Dont overcrowd . fry in batches .
- If you want you can flavor the shankarpali with little cardamom powder / essence / make it plain .
Thanks for reading the post....please drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!